Flat coaxial and running cable through doors

Nikon1149

Running an Ethernet to power two devices and coaxial upstairs and through doors

The mods decided to merge my two threads, this first one was originally in satellite installation forum which I believe is where it belongs not here in Internet help. Here is the original message:

I am starting to get all the materials together to set up my satellite tv. Where I live is rented accommodation with a dish on the front of the house, I need to run cabling from the front of the house to the back and upstairs through two doors and seeing as I can't drill through doors in rented accommodation I was wondering about solutions. So far I am considering two lengths of flat coaxial, one for each door, but this would make the entire length of cabling have 5 connections from dish to receiver and I understand that is bad right? will I get interference and such? I also want to do exactly the same with a Virgin cable. Do the flat coaxial cables work for Virgin cabling too? Is virgin a different type of cabling? Many thanks in advance.

Here is the other thread message that was intended for this forum and pertains to Internet set up:

I want to extend my setup from currently just having a virgin super hub 3 downstairs, to extending it running an Ethernet cable from router to upstairs and then having that cable supply connection for two devices, one being my net gear EX6150 wireless extender and one being my new zgemma h2h. I just want to know about getting the one cable extension to supply connection to both devices, will this be possible with an Ethernet hub or similar device? Or do I have no choice but to run two Ethernet cables upstairs, one for each device? Surely this is not necessary. My Net gear only has one port so can't run through it and back out to zgemma (if that's even possible). I'm pretty good with most tech but have not really messed with networking and satellite stuff before so all help much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Back