For those having trouble flashing by USB - good Kingston drive on offer today

gizmofreak

Hi all

I have seen some posts from users having issues with some brands of USB sticks not allowing the box to be flashed while others do. Natrually the advice is to format to FAT32 using HPUSBDisk tool or HDDGuru.
However if that doesn't work either (didn't work for my SanDisk USB drive) then I can confirm that Kingston Datatraveller USB drives (both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 versions) work fine out of the box.

In fact one is on offer today on eBay for £8 (normally around £9.50):

Kingston DataTraveler SE9 G2 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Stick Pen Memory Drive | eBay

I myself have just purchased 3 of these for various uses around the house and car. Metal casing too which means they're durable. Also these have a low form factor which means they won't block any adjacent USB port from being used.

Thanks I might have to get 1 of these even tho my SanDisk works fine for flashing but it's only 8gig and I can use this for backing up my music

hold off guys i would only use max of 8gb usb stick kingston,cruzer or integral all work on enigma2 boxes,its the cheaper or larger that may not work and this is for flashing boxes.
for recorded stuff any size but if going for hard drives i suggest a powered externally one.

also putting up something for sale maybe against forum rules please check and edit post please.

Last edited:
Back