Ford focus 2.0tdci durtoq 2007

G8CRSHR

HI Tech's ive just replaced the fuel injectors because the only way i could get it to start was by spraying a little easystart dwn the air-intake but i still have the same problem ive looked at the diagnostics & its not giving me any faults ?

Have you checked the glow plugs or working correctly. the light on the dash should stay on for around 3 to 4 seconds before starting.

was the fuel filter changed also?some of the fords if changing fuel filter are a nitemare for restarting as the fuel sits in the tank and does not get sucked up,some garages [ ford ] said airline into fuel tank to get fuel to pump is only way to get it to start.fuel pump breakup is common too and finding glittering particles in bottom of fuel filter can/could be a start for trouble ahead.

Hi cactikid for getting back to me .. I changed the fuel filter went through the hassle of getting the fuel through & got it started, it's runs well but if I turn the engine off & leave it for more than ten mins it just turns over & the only way to get it to fire is to give it the slightest sniff of easystart..it's so annoying especially as the new injectors cost £900

Hi reaper because it's had a starting issue from when I bought the car that was the first thing I changed, the diagnostics say they're working...

Hi everyone just an update.. I took the car to a diesel place in Essex & it turned out to be the control valves on the pump..£340 l8r & my car starts on half a turn

Back