format 250gb External drive

hi all

ive finally got my box setup lol, from a very nice bloke on here thanks again m8, my question is how do i format a 250gb drive to fat32 as that option aint available when i try to format it??

thanks

hi all

ive finally got my box setup lol, from a very nice bloke on here thanks again m8, my question is how do i format a 250gb drive to fat32 as that option aint available when i try to format it??

thanks

Hi mate, you'll need to use some formatting software to turn a 250gb HDD to FAT32. Windows won't do an HDD above 32gb. I've tried unsuccesfully to do it using Command Prompt,you could give it a go, if you do some google searches,there are tutorials of that nature. I ended up using a program called FAT32 FORMAT. That did the job.

Hi m8 yeh I did try with windows and cmd but with no luck, is that program compatible with windows 8 as that's wot I use thanks

Panther,simply just buy a 8 gbit' SD pen very cheap and your good to go,plug it into something anything,fat 32 is installed on it as soon as it's plugged in automatic.your fixed to go simples.

Back