Formatting usb stick

bazcfc1

VIP Member
Hi guys on my zgemma box my 32 gig usb stick is coming up saying memory full so I've turned box off took the usb stick out put it in my computer and tried to format it to fat32 and it's saying disk write protected and won't format anyone know a different way for me to format it I'm using Windows 10 and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it any help appriciated

write protected can be removed from cmd prompt... I cant recall the off the top of my head but you should find it with a google search
Just bought a new memory stick and formatted it to fat32 do I just put it into box reflashing from ipab to wooshbuild using basebuild for star 2s

with a new usb drive you should be able to simply fat32 format with windows then load your flash files/image onto the usb & flash your box as normal... IF you have loaded the correct image/files on your usb but the box boots without flashing or ignores the usb then you will need to perform the extra hddguru procedure before you fat32 format with windows

with a new usb drive you should be able to simply fat32 format with windows then load your flash files/image onto the usb & flash your box as normal... IF you have loaded the correct image/files on your usb but the box boots without flashing or ignores the usb then you will need to perform the extra hddguru procedure before you fat32 format with windows
Sorted it mate formatted fat32 put it in once I'd used wooshes basebuild and did rest via that my other one when I tried last night was saying us bin library or something like that every time found how to do that command prompt with my old USB said completed but still had the same problem with it but all sorted now do you know how to delete thread with the problem solved and advice form you and Willo3092

thought it would be fine with just a fat32 format as its a NEW usb drive rather than an old one thats been used for all kinds of things...it's then that you need to prep the usb fully...next step is to make your own image if your up for it...you spend enough time on TK so its time you had go!

thought it would be fine with just a fat32 format as its a NEW usb drive rather than an old one thats been used for all kinds of things...it's then that you need to prep the usb fully...next step is to make your own image if your up for it...you spend enough time on TK so its time you had go!
Lol true it was my C/S supplier who talked me through first time since then just done it my self and family members boxes and friends if my supplier couldn't get to them due to other commitments so I would give it a go I'm always on here reading through things and posting

Back