1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

formula 1 box

Discussion in 'All Formuler Boxes' started by billyjakie, Dec 5, 2017.

1. billyjakie

billyjakie Member

hi mateys
    heard a few good reports about these formula 1 boxes they say they are an upgrade on the zgemma,s
    i have had a H2S for a couple of years and it has been spot on, just lately the picture has been breaking up sometimes, both on iptv and freeview so suspect the box may be starting to fail. would be grateful if anybody has one of these boxes or has any comments on them please feel free to share the info or any other boxes they would recommend.
    cheers

2. 1999gtv

1999gtv TK Veteran

You are not going to beat it for the money, good picture quality, fast box bought mine with the 2sat and 1 cable/terrestial tuner full support from Openvix, Openatv etc. Build quality seems good, and the only thing I wish it had was internal hdd, I use front sdcard slot for card with picons epg etc and 128gb usb stick in rear for recordings all of this works spot on

billyjakie likes this.
  3. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

it will power a USB powered HDD
    I have a 500G one on mine that I share with my other box
    and same, an SD card in front for epg, swap etc

billyjakie likes this.
  4. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

I haven't heard of a box yet that won't power an external/portable HDD! Right from the Skybox F3 onwards, I have used an external HDD powered by the box.

Thread moved to formuler section, please be careful when posting threads.

billyjakie and steptoe like this.
  5. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

I've not had a problem with any of the boxes I've had,
    skybox f5, Openbox V8s, Edision OSmini, and now Formuler F1,
    but I have read of problems with some zgemma boxes and usb powered external HDD
    I dont think my eurovox was capable of even having something that advanced,,,, :D

billyjakie likes this.
  6. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

If you read Cacti's posts you would believe the world was going to end if you used a portable HDD. Not true.

I'd say your Eurovox was capable of powering it, but just didn't know what to do with it.

bangord30, billyjakie and steptoe like this.
  7. Underscore

Underscore Member

The formula f1 is a great box, the only downside is the remote, feels cheap compared to say a h2s remote imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billyjakie likes this.
  8. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

I had the exact same problem, picture breakup on all channels, IPTV, Sat and Freeview. In the end I changed my H2s for one of these boxes and the problem has gone away. Great box, but I agree with the comment about the cheap feeling remote....but that's a very minor issue.

billyjakie likes this.
  9. billyjakie

billyjakie Member

Cheers bud for the info

Cheers matey

Cheers bud

Cheers bud

Sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
  10. Tichier

Tichier Member

Hi - apologies for jumping on the end of this thread.

I've just brought one of these boxes. I'm fairly new to this, having jumped from an Amazon TV box after being recommended the F1. We generally use it for TV and video on demand through an IPTV service. I've been fairly pleased with it, although it did take me a while getting the TV to work through the providers plugin.

Anyway, I have a gazillion questions but don't want to bore you all. Is there a knowledge base, or a dummies guide? I've Google a fair bit, but "Formuler" doesn't come up with a great deal.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

11. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

start a new thread with your questions,
    I'm sure someone will be able to help

Tichier likes this.
  12. Tichier

Tichier Member

Thanks - I will

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk