Found a great Android app for remote control and streaming.

RTR1879

Check out Dream EPG on the Google Play Store. It's excellent.

Set it up on my phone and on a Sumvision X4 in the bedroom. Full epg with remote record function but also streams perfectly, and you control channel zap on stream so someone can be watching one channel downstairs and another one upstairs. It also connects to your hdd movie folder so you can watch your recordings.

The free version only brings in a few channels and doesn't stream, I think, but I was impressed with it so bought the full version. It's only a few quid and the developer deserves a bit of support for making something this good.

We'll worth a look, particularly if you want to watch TV in the bedroom and have an android TV box there already.

Last edited:
Hi RTR1879

Wow that is just what i wanted,EPG and Streaming to an Android TV Box.
Do you think Kiddac could Blue skin it ? :idea:

He has done such a good job of the other.

Timote is good, but Dream EPG is awesome.

It's the price of a pint or 2. We'll worth supporting developers who put the effort in.

I managed to side load this app to my Amazon Firestick last night, got it all setup, EPG updated etc but just cant stream anything, have VLC installed and set as default but nothing happens when i press on a channel or manually select stream from the drop down menu on the lefthand side, any ideas?

Try downloading mxplayer. I use that and it works well

It takes a few seconds for the stream to be displayed.

It seems whatever i try and do from the lefthand menu doesnt work, stream\zap etc wonder if its the *cough* dodgy version i downloaded,

U can get this app and Timote to work on my phone but there is no sound from either of them, does anyone know how I can get sound?

If it's android, then you have a separate media volume to the ringing volume. Check that it isn't set right down.

U can get this app and Timote to work on my phone but there is no sound from either of them, does anyone know how I can get sound?
That'll be because you are streaming a HD channel and the sound is in ac3 format which the app doesn't support. If you stream a SD channel it's fine.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Would HD work on the TV upstairs? I'm thinking of getting an android mini pc for the TV upstairs and using Timote or Dream EPG on it.

I've found HD to be a bit choppy, especially if your Android TV box is Wifi and not cabled. Stick to SD. It works very well.

Unable to get anything to stream using mx player or vlc using paid app, any ideas how to get this working ?

I use a static IP on my zgemma, so it never changes. If you use dhcp to allocate an IP from your router then make sure you are using the right IP address.

Back