Four-in-one pizza with dough stick dividers

satabr

Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 35 mins
Plus proving

Let everyone choose their own topping for this Italian favourite - sections are separated by bread sticks to dip in a mustard garlic mayonnaise

Ingredients

For the dough

7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
pinch of sugar
500g strong flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tbsp olive oil
300ml warm water

For the tomato sauce

1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp dried oregano

For the topping

mozzarella and/or cheddar, olives, pepperoni, anchovies, basil, ham, rocket, sweetcorn, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, cherry tomatoes- or choose your own

For the dipping sauce

4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
juice ½ small lemon
1 tbsp very finely snipped chive

Method

1:)
To make the dough, mix together the yeast, sugar and flour in a bowl. Stir in the olive oil and add the water gradually until you have a soft dough that comes away from the sides. Place in a clean, oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise. To make the tomato sauce, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sizzle the garlic for 1 min. Add the sugar, vinegar, tomatoes and oregano, and simmer everything for 20 mins until you have a thick sauce. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.

2:)
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and oil a large baking tray, about 20 x 30cm. Tear off about an eighth of the dough and roll out the rest on a lightly floured surface to fit the tray. Roll the remaining dough out into 2 snakes, the first about 20cm and the other about 30cm. Lay both into the pizza dough, crossed so you have 4 sections, and pinch them into the dough. Now it’s up to you and your family which toppings you choose. (I have anchovies and olives; my wife loves a vegetarian feast; my son wants meat, so we pile his with mozzarella and pepperoni; and my daughter likes ham, sweetcorn & cheddar.) Bake the pizza for 20 mins, or until puffed up and golden. Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a board.

3:)
While the pizza bakes, make the dipping sauce. Mix all the ingredients and whisk in enough cold water until you have a runny consistency, then season. Pull the pizza into quarters, then use the dough stick dividers to dip into the sauce.

Attachments

• recipe-image-legacy-id--1253500_8.jpg
    recipe-image-legacy-id--1253500_8.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 59
Back