Free2air channels all blank (newb help please)

Rich N

Hi all, a little help for a confused newb please (probably something simple I'm missing)?

I have a Star2s that I'm looking to use purely for Sky free to air channels, it had an older version of Wooshbuild when I acquired it and once connected I could only get a picture on Sky News. Having little to no knowledge of the box I came here for clues and decided I probably needed to reflash the box to latest wooshbuild which I have now done.

After following the on-screen setup instructions, all seems to work other than I now have no picture from any channels at all! I even figured it may be my dish/cables but I still get all channels on an old Humax box so I know that's ok. Is there something I've missed?

I've again scoured these pages for clues but im not too sure what I'm doing, so I'm now sticking my hand up and asking for help.

Thanks in advance ..

AutobouquetsE2 is on that build isn't it? ... are you using that to scan and have you set the area up correctly.

AutobouquetsE2 is on that build isn't it? ... are you using that to scan and have you set the area up correctly.
Hi Ste, thanks for the reply. I set the correct region as it asked during the flash process, not too sure about Autobouquets (complete newb here). I'm guessing there's a step I've missed in the setup, I did try an Auto Scan', not sure if that was right?

No, autoscan isn't right - if you've flashed wooshbuild with the correct image for you box - the tuner setup should be correct... you just need to set the area in your bouquets plugin and scan - this will put all channels into bouquets and it will also let you configure it for fta only.

No, autoscan isn't right - if you've flashed wooshbuild with the correct image for you box - the tuner setup should be correct... you just need to set the area in your bouquets plugin and scan - this will put all channels into bouquets and it will also let you configure it for fta only.
Thanks, sounds like that may be the step I missed. I assumed the flash and subsequent on screen setup process would have done that, it certainly asked me to set region which I did.

I’ll try again tomorrow ..

Thanks for the responses, I now have free2air channels back - Was something to do with Autoboquets and NIT scan? Anyways, it's working, a little slow but I understand that's a limitation of the box.

Back