Freeze

Wmitty

Hi, my TV pictures are freezing frequently. This has been happening for the last 4/5 weeks and while I do occasionally get extending viewing periods the freeze always returns. I'm in Ireland.

Is this just my line or is this a general issue?

If I change line will this improve?

Any help/suggestion appreciated

Define frequently? What set up have you got? Have you contacted your supplier? What have you done to try stem this fault?
The more info you give, the better answer you are going to get.

I'm going to presume you are on satellite as you have posted in the general satellite section, so firstly, being in Ireland doesn't make the slightest difference.
There were problems a number of weeks ago, but in general these have been sorted.
The only way to find out if changing will cure your problem, is to try change. Get a test line, probably better if you do that on a night with football on, wednesday of this week would be good - Barcelona V City.

Answer the above questions, and we may give slightly different suggestions, depending on what you say

I have a sat dish and broadband connected to both a Zgemma star 2s and an Openbox. I have stopped using the Zgemma altogether because the experience is so bad, the Openbox is noticeably better but still affected. I mainly watch sports and the others watch movies and both are badly affected. The other channels seem to be working fine at least on the Openbox. At its worst it is unwatchable but at times it will only freeze every 10/15mins and just for a moment. It started a few weeks ago with the general problem but really hasn't improved. My provider says that there is a general problem with "Sly UK ecm packets carying bad cw" ... whatever that means.

I would try a test line, Has Wheelo as already mentioned there was a problem weeks ago, but not to the extent you seem to be having. have you tried to restarted the broadband and also restart your sat boxes to refresh your setup and see if there is any improvement.

Have you the same line on the 2s and the openbox? if they are different, try swapping them around, making sure to save them before deleting them off boxes.
I think your provider is giving you the run around mate.

@ wheelo
They are different but the provider says that both are affected and in truth they are. While the Openbox is better it still isn't reliable

yes some providers do month per month, but charge a little more for that. try a few test lines before purchasing, and don't just go for the cheapest.

reading your above post. or the 2 lines from the same provider?

If you have given up on the 2s altogether, why not email it's line to me, I will try it on a h2s for a day, and let you know how it goes, and you can try a couple of testlines.
If that sounds okay, then PM me, and I will give you my email address

Back