Freezing/Glitchy after Non-Use Overnight

Hi Guys,

I received my Zgemma 2S yesterday, flashed it with the latest Sucmnsee Unofficial Vix image and set up as per instructed.

Everything worked flawlessly last night, but when we came to switch the box on this morning, after spending the night in standby, it was very very glitchy in terms of audio on all channels (including FTA) in both SD and HD.

I restarted the box and then it was all back to normal.

Has anybody experienced this? The only thing that should happen overnight is the EPG download I believe, which should save to my USB drive.

I have only installed the ICE Films plugin, otherwise it is a clean image.

Thanks

Do you have both tuners connected? like this
zgemma-star-2s-rear-big-tuners-gw.png

Your box will also Scan ABM for any channel changes, Sometimes Sky change audio Try pressing audio on remote see if it makes and difference

How can I check that mate? I don't think there was ever an option during set up to ensure that the USB is being used.

After a restart it was back to normal.

---------- Post Merged at 11:45 AM ----------

Also tried the Audio settings Tich using the audio button on the remote - only a restart cured it.

I don't want to restart after every time I go into standby!

Press menu, setup, system, EPG, settings, make sure the top setting EPG Location in NOT set to internal flash

Will give that a shot when I get home and report back.

The thing is, when I had the box in standby yesterday evening and then back on, I never encountered this, it was only overnight - having said that, I've had the box less than 24 hours!!

Should have gone Enigma2 a long time ago really.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok guys the settings were already as above.

Is there anything else I could check?

Also the panel display is always the clock when the box is on, can this be changed to the channel number?

Thanks

Also the panel display is always the clock when the box is on, can this be changed to the channel number?

Only if you're prepared to move away from Vix to ATV.... If so my backup is in the downloads section... But to be fair the official $ly box doesn't even have a display so it's not really a biggy and Sucmnsees build is pretty darn good :butkiss:(even though I think mines better!!!! lol)

The LCD stays on the clock.

Is XMLTV importer enabled? try turning it off if it is

If I encounter the same issue tomorrow morning then I'll give this a shot.

mtpockets - I went fir Vix as it seems to be the most supported on here, but I'm sure your image is great too! I appreciate the hard work you guys have put in that make it so much easier for the rest of us.

Thanks

Reporting back guys - box worked as normal this morning, no settings were changed!

Hopefully it was a one off.

I'm enjoying the EPG, been missing out on that for far too long!!

Yes, its how they work,some people demand to be spoon fed from people in their free time and goodwill, I've even had a member get offensive after many hours of my free time and free tech assistance, 50+ emails later. lol
Again, thanks for reporting back mate, and remember sometimes software driven devices just need a reboot, the good old "turn it off and on again" fix lol

Haha that's insane!!

One thing I have noticed about the Zgemma 2S section are a crazy amount of posts around loading your line, is there a way to consolidate them?

Ah yes, the good ol' on off switch - up there with kicking and going at it with a hammer!

People get confused by the zgemma, its the same on all openvix/openatv/driod/black hole operating systems, like windows on many brands of computers if you know what I mean!?!?
All the information with visual guides are already on Techkings if people would just search, I started with iBox using vix and just applied it to the rest that run vix, there already is guides but people want spoon fed one step at a time lol.
Back ups on here come with good instructions on how to add the line details, but your right its an insane amount asking the same question(s).

Just had visions of Jeremy Clarkson "adjusting" things with a hammer lol

Back