Freezing issues

bigwicker

Hi, I'm hoping someone can clear up a problem I have. I have 2 lines from 2 different suppliers, as in I bought two lines off each of them. When I use the two lines off the same provider it causes my 2 seperate boxes to freeze a lot, but if I use one from each provider the service is great from both. My question is, using two boxes on same server causing the freezing? Both providers are great, when only using one line from each, but the second I use two from same providers it freezes. I hope I've made myself clear, if not I'll trying saying it in a different way. Thanks to all that help me out.

I would check with your line provider that he/she allows 2 connections off the same ip ;) or are you using 2 diff lines off same provider ?

It freezes because you have more than 1 line in each receiver so the box is trying to connect to the fastest line/server everytime, Unless you know how to setup SID assignment for each line then just use the one especially if its just for 28.2

Hi, I'm only using one line per a box, but I have two seperate boxes. If I use one line per a box, from same provider I gret freezing, if I use one line per a box but from different providers, I have no freezing at all. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough

So if you run both the lines from 1 provider on both boxes you get freezing regardless of which line provider it is?

Also are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet cables to connect box boxes? I get what you are saying but need more info now on your setup to see if there is a issue with that

Thanks everyone, I'm using ethernet on both, the one in bedroom is direct in to router, the one downstairs is running on homeplug. At present one box has a line from provider A, the other box from providerB. It's working perfect now. But as soon as put both boxes on provider A or B, it freezes.

I have added my speeds, I get :

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):19999
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):79999

BT Speed Test Results:

Ping :14ms
down:74.1Mbps
Up :19.4Mbps

Last edited:
Just to clarify on both your lines do your separate providers allow you to use the Line supplied on 2 receivers at once, your broadband speed has nothing to do with it but if both providers only allow 1 connection at a time then that is the problem.

Just to clarify on both your lines do your separate providers allow you to use the Line supplied on 2 receivers at once, your broadband speed has nothing to do with it but if both providers only allow 1 connection at a time then that is the problem.

I have bought 2 seperate lines of each provider, so in total I have 4 seperate lines to use. 2xseperate lines of provider A and 2xseperate lines of provider B, totalling in 4 seperate lines

Well that's just weird as it should be fine, Just double check you username and password are different for the same provider on each box, maybe a simple mix up with the lines so your load 1 line on 2 boxes from each provider and not 2 lines from each provider. Also check your routers firewall and allow port forwarding for your line providers ports, it could be that your router is blocking the ports to some degree.

I can't see it been a line issue, not from 2 different providers and its not a cable/box issue as it works if you use 1 of each so I'd take a closer look at your router

Back