freezing on programmes

all line freeze a bit if its getting annoying its to much i noticed if u have your bittorrent open its taking all your bandwidth leaving nothing for the box to run

Everyone hates freezing while watching TV but most asume its the lnie provider and sometimes it is but most of the time its either your internet is really busy, if other family mambers are using the net like the kids online gaming or stremming of netflix or iplayer this can all affect the service. try a box reboot and see if that helps or even a router reboot, that may imporve your ping to the the line server. Also many boxes have a low amont of memory installed and low powered CPU and when your flicking through the channels trying to find somethig to watch its has to load each channel and just gets bogged down so a reboot clears the memory and the box runs better.
Using Wi-Fi that causes glitching with a weak signal or just electrical interferance from your TV and even satbox, always use a wired connection is possible, homeplugs are better but still not as good as a single cable, older wiring was installed and not built for running internet. also make sure your connections are secure at the back of the box, a loose connection can mean a bad picture. Try making sure your box is upto date, most poeple buy a box and have no idea its need updating they just leave them and makers release fixes for bugs, also enigma 2 boxes like a zgemma the software you run on them needs updating too, you need to set the box to check of channel changes etc.

There are some many things you can try to get the freezing to stop, I bet most newbies just email their line provider and bitch at them but atleast your asking so hope somethings I've pointed out may help you.

Theres no glitching when you subscribe to S*Y TV. One of the many reasons behind the monthly cost. Grin and bear it.

Just trying to understand if I watch one programme no issues watch another some freezing but they all come from the same source?

football is the worst or major events, you any everyone else are trying to watch that channel so you will get some glitching. Some only use the lines for footy, so only connect when the match is on thats why other channels are ok while some are glitchy.

No need to give the lad a hard time he was asking a question and looking for advice not criticism irrespective of what we all think.

Ok Thanks for the replies,its driving me mad 98% of the time its ok,watching homeland last night on RTE picture pixel all over and freezing switch to another channel shows ok
films and football I understand but RTE?

Ok Thanks for the replies,its driving me mad 98% of the time its ok,watching homeland last night on RTE picture pixel all over and freezing switch to another channel shows ok

Same problem here mate, some channels seem fine but was watching bxnation (which I cant believe old reruns are that popular) last night and every 10 seconds or so freeze/glitch. Is there anytihng I should do or try before I start bothering my supplier. (n-line, mgcamd 1.38a vu+ solo2, latest vix, hdd and usb). Everything was fine with my old line but that went down last week and the site hasn't been updated since the 8th

Think its my Zgemma tbh, Ive treid to sort it with the help of members on here. I'm not getting movies in sd either, but get them all in Hd. Just sky sports 1 HD that's got issues all other HD channels are flawless
thinking its a signal issue so just have to put up with it

Anyone any ideas as to why i'm getting a slight freezing which lasts for approx a minute or so i have also noticed in a morning that when i turn on the Zgemma H1 i have the Error ( service not found in pat ) Also if i do an auto services search i get the search and when it's done i get an error ( search Failed ) But the channels still show in the epg and they still work after the search. I have noticed that when an auto search takes place i have vermin at the top and whilst the search takes place it never shows any found vermin channels and then it starts to search for the sly and they start to be found..

Any ideas or advice would be good. i am currently using a 4Gb usb in the rear for the Epg is that ok or does it need to be bigger.. I have two lines sly sd and Vermin cable

Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 09:49 PM ----------

I was always under the impression that very minimal net speed was needed as it was mainly for a connection to keep the box open' If a download speed of 50Mb via wireless would be more than enough even though i'm using Ethernet so even with a direct feed i still get freezing so that theory seems a bit lame.

Same problem here mate, some channels seem fine but was watching bxnation (which I cant believe old reruns are that popular) last night and every 10 seconds or so freeze/glitch. Is there anytihng I should do or try before I start bothering my supplier. (n-line, mgcamd 1.38a vu+ solo2, latest vix, hdd and usb). Everything was fine with my old line but that went down last week and the site hasn't been updated since the 8th

Could be that your line supplier doesn't have boxnation on his local cards and is instead using a cache? My provider used to order wwe PPV events on his local cards but now doesnt, you can really tell the difference. Using a cache isnt that bad but I do get some freezing.

Back