Freezing only on certain channels

Robf23

Hello

I was just wondering if anyone had experience freezing on certain channels.
I seem to have a better connection on the sports channels than what I do on others such as movies, spike, gold etc.
The FTA channels are fine so could this be down to the box not being set up properly, (Should I Reflash) or would it be a line issues (I'm going to test this asap).
I am using Webro HD100 cabling and & Labgear 5-1000mhz splitter so all good quality equipment. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.
Thank you all very much!

Get a test line from a different server to rule that out also check you have the correct area id set.

I get the odd freeze on some channels, TLC, lifetime, Dave and Animal Planet, I notice when it freezes ecm rate spikes which indicates a server time delay. Perfect on everything else and never once had a glitch on Sports... I don't think any provider can stop this tbh. I also firmly believe 24 hr test lines can provide flawless viewing however when taking out your paid duration it will undoubtably get the odd freeze from time to time...

Of course though bear in mind some providers can be bad so still gain a test line but still keep in mind the best providers will experience an issue at some point especially with everyone moving from Sky service to VM or IPTV which is VM derived anyway....

I have tweeked so many things to combat the ECM spike but it's the providers server ultimately I think...

Just my thoughts lol

my line perfect I had a bad one previously but it must have been server? sports were good but discovery + movies froze for secs hard to watch, glad I changed.

Take a few tests - pick the best one and get a week or month from them then go for longer if you're happy after this time :)

not that im really complaining but ive noticed no matter which provider i use the shopping channels just give me a blank screen

I'm currently trying a test line, had it on all day. Gone from a CCcam to a newcamd. And every channel has been perfect. Not one little glitch or freeze. So I'm guessing I'm changing provider.
Thanks for your help everyone. I appreciate it very much!

Back