Freezing pictures

conno22

Hi all.

I put two boxes in a my dad's house and they've been running fine for months. Lately they've had some problems with the picture constantly freezing. I've just been round and updated both boxes with the latest wooshbuild put the problem seems to he worse.
They did have an internet upgrade to the super hub 3 recently which has improved the Wi-Fi in the house but don't know if some of the settings are inflicting with the boxes...
Please help.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi all.

I put two boxes in a my dad's house and they've been running fine for months. Lately they've had some problems with the picture constantly freezing. I've just been round and updated both boxes with the latest wooshbuild put the problem seems to he worse.
They did have an internet upgrade to the super hub 3 recently which has improved the Wi-Fi in the house but don't know if some of the settings are inflicting with the boxes...
Please help.

is this for cable or sky?

No splitters are used. Wondered if any had an idea of what the best settings are for the virgin router as they had a new super hub 3 fitted.

You say no splitter is in place but you installed 2 boxes and there needs to be a feed cable to the modem ? If there is no splitter in the house there must be one fitted in the omni box outside ?

You say no splitter is in place but you installed 2 boxes and there needs to be a feed cable to the modem ? If there is no splitter in the house there must be one fitted in the omni box outside ?
Not sure pal. These to replaced two existing VM boxes, straight swap. It just seems more likely it's the new router cashing the issues than it randomly being the splitter.

There is only one feed cable from the street to the property go outside and look where the omni box is and if theres multiple cables coming out you will know the splitter/ hdu is in there if not then there will be a splitter/ hdu somewhere in the house etc :(y):

There is only one feed cable from the street to the property go outside and look where the omni box is and if theres multiple cables coming out you will know the splitter/ hdu is in there if not then there will be a splitter/ hdu somewhere in the house etc [emoji106]
Yes. Im sure there is a splitter somewhere in the property. However don't think that should be my first port of call to identify the issue. They seem to have started when this new router was installed.

You will most likely have to log into the modem settings and check the power levels to make sure they havent gone out of range with the upgrade etc

Yeah thanks pal. This is where I struggle. Can log into the router no probs but have no idea about power level etc.

Yes I'm gonna do that now. Im at the property. This info in the softcam panel keeps disappearing when the picture freezes
7467577f129d43d46078d140e48c31f0.jpg

that gives no useful information at all, log into the router page:
on the side or bottom of the router there should be a 'settings password'
type 192.168.0.1 into a browser on your comp and click enter, use that password to log into the router

advanced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab

copy and paste the snr and dbmv date here

that gives no useful information at all, log into the router page:
on the side or bottom of the router there should be a 'settings password'
type 192.168.0.1 into a browser on your comp and click enter, use that password to log into the router

advanced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab

copy and paste the snr and dbmv date here
So the fact that the Cam info disappears when the picture freezes isn't useful info? Must've because someone has messaged me telling me it's a server issue which turned out to be correct.
Many thanks for everyone help.

So the fact that the Cam info disappears when the picture freezes isn't useful info? Must've because someone has messaged me telling me it's a server issue which turned out to be correct.
Many thanks for everyone help.

The fact is, you said at 10:17 am that you didn't know how to check the router logs, this is why i posted the info

Back