Freezing problems

Have you tried a different line on your box etc i have never seen the signal levels so low its really strange and hope vm aint trying to roll out new things to combat c/s etc

My SNR is around 60-65% and i am on Virmin 200mb is that considered low?, emailed my provider a few times and get the same generic response ( unplug, check cables etc) still no good and constant freeze, Just got anew test line off someone else and its not froze once yet

My SNR is around 60-65% and i am on Virmin 200mb is that considered low?, emailed my provider a few times and get the same generic response ( unplug, check cables etc) still no good and constant freeze, Just got anew test line off someone else and its not froze once yet

if your provider doesn't admit there is a problem then he's not worth keeping, saying that, the signal strength is not connected to your line/provider, check your splitters and cables.

if your provider doesn't admit there is a problem then he's not worth keeping, saying that, the signal strength is not connected to your line/provider, check your splitters and cables.
Yea, i cant be dealing with him anymore, does the SNR relate to freezing and glitching due to it being low end 60s? or is that sufficient? Ive not changed any cables or moved anything so the constant freezing issue baffles me

I suppose it would've been better asking those people not experiencing any freezing who supplies their broadband!

The broadband provider has been proved to not be the case as member a couple of pages back on the thread switched to mobile internet and it made no difference. I think the answer is down to the suppliers setup which was suggested a few posts back. Some seem to use Mulitcas and others use oscam based servers . I believe its the oscam based servers that is causing the problem. I have switched to using my Multisat C line (forgot it did cable too) with CCcam for cable rather than a dedicated cable N line which was all over the place after being previously stable. Got a certified test Cable line too and that was no different to my cable line. I assume the multisat line uses Multicas.

The broadband provider has been proved to not be the case as member a couple of pages back on the thread switched to mobile internet and it made no difference. I think the answer is down to the suppliers setup which was suggested a few posts back. Some seem to use Mulitcas and others use oscam based servers . I believe its the oscam based servers that is causing the problem. I have switched to using my Multisat C line (forgot it did cable too) with CCcam for cable rather than a dedicated cable N line which was all over the place after being previously stable. Got a certified test Cable line too and that was no different to my cable line. I assume the multisat line uses Multicas.
I wonder though if it's oscam issue or the fact that more cache servers are using oscam rather than multiCS. I've switched from a cache server using oscam to using multics on server with own local cards and the line is perfect. had about 3 freezes since installing it over weekend and that was early this morning so could have even been my internet dropping out. I tried 10 other providers over past 2 weeks, even those claiming to not be seeing any freezing, and they all froze.

I wonder though if it's oscam issue or the fact that more cache servers are using oscam rather than multiCS. I've switched from a cache server using oscam to using multics on server with own local cards and the line is perfect. had about 3 freezes since installing it over weekend and that was early this morning so could have even been my internet dropping out. I tried 10 other providers over past 2 weeks, even those claiming to not be seeing any freezing, and they all froze.

Yeah totally get what your saying grog only thing i dont understand is the low signal levels that most people are getting etc i changed all my cables and splitter thinking it might be them but no change whatsoever which spun me out and its like its being throttled somehow :rolleyes:

Back