Freezing problems

I've just checked all these channels and none of them froze once.
I don't think it's area related, more possibility it's the server/provider
as I said before, checking a channel for just a few minutes doesn't prove anything. (5 channels in 20 minutes), as you confirmed in post 29 above, when you flicked through some channels they looked fine but then when you checked and spent more time on them you had the problem of freezing channels.

It's really miss leading for people to say they have checked channels and had no freezing when all they've done is flicked over to them for a couple of minutes.

i could go over and check my channels and what happens is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fall asleep again:grin:

Mine is the same becoming unwatchable as it's on virtually every channel ain't got a clue what has happened really annoying now though hope people can figure out what is going on

as I said before, checking a channel for just a few minutes doesn't prove anything. (5 channels in 20 minutes), as you confirmed in post 29 above, when you flicked through some channels they looked fine but then when you checked and spent more time on them you had the problem of freezing channels.

It's really miss leading for people to say they have checked channels and had no freezing when all they've done is flicked over to them for a couple of minutes.

Well I guess we all have different ideas of what 'freezing' is.
If i watch Travel channel, it stalls for about 6 seconds and it does this twice a minute - this is annoying and spoils the viewing.
If I watch any of the channels mentioned here for 5 minutes each and none of them do this, I'd say they were stable...how long am I supposed to check for? - 10 mins? - 20 mins?
I think we can all manage with a short glitch a few times an hour on any channel

I think we can all manage with a short glitch a few times an hour on any channel

This is just not the case though is it, 10 second long freezes sometimes as many as 15 to 20 times an hour on the Movies and Sports Chanels is simply unacceptable.

This is just not the case though is it, 10 second long freezes sometimes as many as 15 to 20 times an hour on the Movies and Sports Chanels is simply unacceptable.

Well this isn't what I'm seeing, except on Travel, but I can manage as I only watch 'Life Below Zero' on that channel and sometimes it's more stable on a night.
Movies and sports don't glitch - I've had SS News HD on since I got up an hour ago and it's not flickered once.
Tell me the worst affected Movie channel and I'll check mine and let you know - I'll leave it on 20-30 mins to check properly

Well I guess we all have different ideas of what 'freezing' is.
If i watch Travel channel, it stalls for about 6 seconds and it does this twice a minute - this is annoying and spoils the viewing.
If I watch any of the channels mentioned here for 5 minutes each and none of them do this, I'd say they were stable...how long am I supposed to check for? - 10 mins? - 20 mins?
This is the problem, a 5 minute snapshot is fine if the problem is constant but at the moment it appears the channels can be fine for a time and then seem to freeze numerous times in a short while. For example I had one of the discovery channels on the other day for couple of hours and it didn't freeze so I turned it off, I went back to it later in the day and it was unwatchable.

I'm not so sad that I sit constantly checking but if I am in the room doing something else I will stick it on so I am checking throughout the day/evening and it varies drastically and it's not always bad at the same time of day which you may expect if its a server issue. After watching it for 2 hours I could say, nope there is no problem, but I didn't as I wanted to check a few times before saying anything.

This is the way I see it:

1. If it was a provider (even with a number of different resellers) it would be affecting all of their customers, it doesn't appear to be or we would see a lot more users of that provider complaining. I've sold hundreds of cable boxes and generally if there is an issue I hear about it, I am hearing about it (hence why I am checking) but only from a small percentage of them and not all using the same provider.
2. If it was users connections etc then you would see someone saying 'I had this issue and fixed it by ....', but we're not
3. it appears to be affecting users with different providers which would suggest it's more than a '0h it's your provider' issue.
4. It could well be worse on the lesser used channels which is not uncommon but it definitely does seem worse this past week on them, and even main channels are slightly affected, I watched the spurs game the other night on sports channel and it glitched just twice the whole game, more than it has in the past but not enough to concern me.

So in answer to you're question, 'how long am I supposed to check for?' the answer is 'how long is a piece of string?' LOL, you could turn a channel on now and watch it perfectly for an hour or so, you could turn it on for 5 minutes at another time and see it is totally unwatchable.

Hi. Ive been having problems with my h4 box. Some of my chanels are unwatchable the glitches are so bad. But yesterday i lost all the subscription chanels. This has happend before and it came on again the follwing day. But this time it has not. Ive emailed the guy i bought it from but ive had no reply. He didnt reply to us last time so im not surprised. But only got the box in december.

Hi. Ive been having problems with my h4 box. Some of my chanels are unwatchable the glitches are so bad. But yesterday i lost all the subscription chanels. This has happend before and it came on again the follwing day. But this time it has not. Ive emailed the guy i bought it from but ive had no reply. He didnt reply to us last time so im not surprised. But only got the box in december.
Get a test line to see if you get channels back, albeit some may still freeze. At least that will confirm if it's your line thats down or something else.

There's no rhyme or reason to it at the moment, been watching World superbike on eurosport 2 and it has been perfect up to now, last week it was terrible, and racinguk seems fine to.

Well this isn't what I'm seeing, except on Travel, but I can manage as I only watch 'Life Below Zero' on that channel and sometimes it's more stable on a night.
Movies and sports don't glitch - I've had SS News HD on since I got up an hour ago and it's not flickered once.
Tell me the worst affected Movie channel and I'll check mine and let you know - I'll leave it on 20-30 mins to check properly
Currently Sly Movies Action HD. Freezing about every 5 mins for 8-10 seconds at a time

try a differnt build on your box i found some work better than others

Back