Froome v Wiggo

oddjob113

Well as was generally predicted Chris Froome has taken the tour.

Am still a bit disappointed that the Wiggo v Froome fight never occurred (and from what Wiggo has said, is unlikely to occur in the future). Just thinking about what if they'd actually competed this year, in an equal fight, who would have taken the maillot jaune....

I am no expert on this, in fact, this is probably the first year that I have watched any of the tour. I have started to do a bit of cycling myself, so I got a little interest, I also read the book "rough rider" by Paul Kimmage, and wanted to see how easy these guys make it look.
I thought that Wiggins' team last year was superb and the "train" did everything that was asked of them by delivering wiggins to the final sprint every time. I think that Froome had to do an awful lot of the work himself as his "train" had some defective parts on several days.
All that being said, I think Quintana was fecking superb, but I don't know his form as this is the first time I took any interest in the tour.
As for wiggins V Froome, just for pig iron, I am going to say . . . . . Froome, purely because I have read that the Sky team this year was far inferior to Wiggins' last year.
start the discussion and inform me as any answer that I give will have to be backed up by Google searches lol

There was the politics last year, which is what teams will do, but also the course last year suited Wiggins more than froome because of the time trials, which wiggins took such a good lead on timewise. Whereas this year the course suited Froome more as he is a much better climber.

Back