FTP Hard?...Easy option zgemma star 2s/other boxes?

ACEA

I am using Windows 10...other versions 'might work'...anyway...instead of using FTP to get your update onto your zgemma/other box?...Simply download...for instance 'Albatros' latest version (.9) and copy... which in wooshbuild 5x is Albatros 6 in the download plugins section...Now click on windows icon bottom left on your screen, click 'file explorer'...in the left hand panel click 'network' in there should be your zgemma/other box...double click this...and double click 'root'....scroll down to 'tmp' and single click this...then 'right click'...remember you have just copied the download you wish to install onto your zgemma/other box... and 'click paste'. Now on your tv via your zgemma/other box? Install the plugin 'Dream-Explorer'...locate in 'plugins' and enter....scroll down to 'tmp' and enter...locate in this case...'Albatros' and press 'ok' install...this sure beats FTPing me thinks...let me know. Thnx

I have been trying to tell people for years that there's no need for FTP programs anymore if you have a computer as any samba enabled enigma 2 receivers will be visible and accessible via your network devices... Wooshbuild is one example of a firmware which is enabled for access via your network without faffing about FTP'ing.

I have been trying to tell people for years that there's no need for FTP programs anymore if you have a computer as any samba enabled enigma 2 receivers will be visible and accessible via your network devices... Wooshbuild is one example of a firmware which is enabled for access via your network without faffing about FTP'ing.
Thanks 'ste' for your supporting post...Cheers

Most backups have samba installed including mine and sucmnsee's but not everybody has windows 10 or network sharing enabled on there computers so its easier to say ftp

Most backups have samba installed including mine and sucmnsee's but not everybody has windows 10 or network sharing enabled on there computers so its easier to say ftp

It's been installed on all builds i've used in the past but it's not been enabled on most of them - being installed and being enabled is totally different.

I use Windows 7 and I haven't changed anything in my network settings - I have also used Samba on Windows 10 without changing any settings... Samba just makes your E2 stb discoverable via a standard network without any changes needed to share settings.

I believe the one thing about a GOOD ftp program, is the text editor within the program, is compatible with linux, and i believe that enigma images are linux based [ not that i would know ] ???

Her is a quote from a very well know image builder >>>>> Another vital tool is a decent FTP program. I use a licensed and supported version of FlashFXP and this is deployed roughly 90% of my daily dev time, with NP++ called as it's inside text editor. But you can probably train Filezilla (also FREEWARE) FTP Client to handle file associations as you want, in order to launch the correct program.

Back