Ftp to zgemma 2s

chinless

Hi guys. I will be getting my box today. I have never used ftp before.I have installed filezilla on pc can anyone tell me what host, username,password and port I would need to put into filezilla to connect to the box.ta

you will need to get your boxs ip.
go to - menu,setup,system,network,device setup,adapter settings. here you
can see the ip address
add your ip to filezilla , user root , pass root, port 21.
go to /usr/keys/ edit newcamd.list with your n-line.

Hi Thomas I have got the ftp sorted thanks. My line is a CCcam n line. Can you advise me where and how this should be put onto the box.Ta

Hi snapper I have seen that post which made me more confused the newcamd list in my user/keys has 2 lines in it reading:-
CWS = vm.server.com 12000 user-10980 168248 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 12 13 14
CWS = tv.server.com 10100 user-7321 4285612 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 12 13 14
I thought I just had to copy and paste my line info onto existing one exchanging the n for the CWS. Do I have to over write the Newcamd list to read:-
CWS_KEEPALIVE =300
CWSINCOMING_PORT = 13497
CWS = "my line info"
Also do I need to change the port if so where would I find the port number. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Hi snapper, why is putting your nline in as mgcamd supposed to be better mate out of interest??? I just put it into a cccam notepad file and used dreamcatcher is it to ftp across easily enough in the end. I struggled to find a download by googling though!

Hi lads I am having a spot of bother with my box, set up last night..recording and timehift working away grand..the problem then is when i go into file list there is nothing there? the directories seem to be missing, its probably something small but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Ha ha it's not too bad,I thought I was sorted when it was recording away..just something small somewhere I bet

N lines work better in MG camd as i read in a post a few moons ago That they lock into the server where CCcams keep searching for the server So are more stable
If you are looking for your recordings Press List File

---------- Post Merged at 09:25 AM ----------

Hi snapper I have seen that post which made me more confused the newcamd list in my user/keys has 2 lines in it reading:-
CWS = vm.server.com 12000 user-10980 168248 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 12 13 14
CWS = tv.server.com 10100 user-7321 4285612 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 12 13 14
I thought I just had to copy and paste my line info onto existing one exchanging the n for the CWS. Do I have to over write the Newcamd list to read:-
CWS_KEEPALIVE =300
CWSINCOMING_PORT = 13497
CWS = "my line info"
Also do I need to change the port if so where would I find the port number. Any help appreciated. Thanks
All you have to do is in the Newcamd list file that is already there is Delete what is in there apart from CWS = Then replace Your line info taking off the N:

Hi Tich,when I press file list no files are showing up so I'm stuck on what do next,don't is it a format issue or something to do with initialising

Hi guys, managed to succesfully add a cline to zgemma 2s box. Use Dreambox Control Centre to FTP. Only one line needed, delete what is already there.

you will need to get your boxs ip.
go to - menu,setup,system,network,device setup,adapter settings. here you
can see the ip address
add your ip to filezilla , user root , pass root, port 21.
go to /usr/keys/ edit newcamd.list with your n-line.

I don't have a newcamd.list file, I presume I can just add one

Back