Ftp to zgemma 2s

U talk to the box from pc to router to box.
If uv trouble logging on with filezilla use dreambox control center. Simpler.

I have an old sky skin on my zgemma and was wondering if I can change it to a new one epg needs reloading constantly when box is switched off ... any tips would be great thanks !

Don't switch the box off, Leave it in standby.

Check your settings in your EPG importer CrossEPG or XMLTV-Import for the time it downloads the update, or if it is even setup.

Also check your service searching settings and chec what time that scans for new channels.

It does update 6am ish the box gets stuck when i change channel on the previous channel screen hence having to turn the box off and I am new to all this just know the man who called out to give me my line said I had an old skin and I should probably reflash but I am terrified I would do more damage and thanks I didnt realise the skin would need updating again after restart I decided to update the box software probably going to make matter worse haha

Thanks again

Don't do software updates on vix reflash as suggested just make sure you have taken a backup of your line details because a reflash will remove it then follow the guide for setting up

That sounds like ur line or cam giving bother. Its not stuck on last channel. Its just new channel hasnt cleared.
Next time it happens do
Menu
Setup
Softcam
Softcam manager
Go down to mgcamd (if using it)
Yellow to restart
See if that fixs.
If u turn off at back it generally wipes any file changed. Like epg file. But if u hold power on remote and select restart it saves files.

Thanks ... I now have the box stuck on boot and he left me the line details so I am learning as I go I will try to find the set up info now and attempt to reflash it ... Thanks again for the advice appreciate it !

Thanks sorry to ask but I have no image on tv and box says boot with a redlight on it do you know where the guide is to do a complete install as I presume its what it now needs thanks in advance

Thanks ... I have downloaded the stuff put it on the USB and turned box of on held power button and nothing its just still saying boot with a red light ... is the box itself broke or is it me :S

Hi I'm probably just like you learning, I had the same problem but read that it's best to have Memory stick below 8Gb and i formatted with software from hddguru ,it's a Low Level Format Tool. It done the trick but still stuggling to install my line.

---------- Post Merged at 02:10 PM ----------

I have installed DCC and put a line in as N:the gr****.dds.net 30225 bl********* 01 02 03 etc, can you tell me if I need spaces inbetween username etc. PS I damaged my box by putting the tower on top of it.

Thanks ... I have downloaded the stuff put it on the USB and turned box of on held power button and nothing its just still saying boot with a red light ... is the box itself broke or is it me :S

As said above download hddguru on pc.
Use it. Untick Quick and format usb.
Then on windows format again untick quick and format fat32 default allocation.
Put zgemma folder back on and try flash again
Whos image are u installing?

---------- Post Merged at 05:20 PM ----------

N : gr****.dds.net 30225 bl********* 01 02 03 etc
Thats if its going in a CCcam.cfg file in etc folder with ur box running cccam 2.3.
But u have an nline which should be in a newcamd.list in /usr/keys folder with a mg_cfg and box running mgcamd 1.38

CWS = gr****.dds.net 30225 bl********* 01 02 03 etc

Last edited:
Thanks running guru as I type I dont know if I tried to install something via the ftp and hence the problem of it stuck on boot and not recognising the usb but I am clueless tbh so I was going to download your version hoping this will work or will I be better asking the man who put line to try fix box as he has more knowledge think he wanted £45 to make it right

Thanks everyone the help is appreciated

Yes use backups from here don't pay anyone expecially £45 for 5 minutes work try the hdd guru or try other usb sticks.

Or try using hp format tool no need for Windows format then place the zgemma folder only on usb switch off box using the back power button insert usb in back and switch on using back button then box should change from usb to flash.

I just reformated usb as directed above extracted the download to usb turned box off put usb in turned box on and nothing it doesnt even know the tv is plugged in to it all I get is boot and the red light nothing else ... I am feeling like I might have to pay someone cos I must be doing something wrong or I have killed the box lol

Retried it ... it recongised the usb flashed on the screen then back to boot this time

Last edited:
Little stuck and some help needed if possible - I have done everything above and STILL can't get any of the premium channels on offer (Line is good so that not the issue as tested with Openbox) - I get the error 'Tune Failed!' when trying to access premium channels - freeview all work fine.
My Newcamd.list is as follows:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000CWS = SERVER PORT USERNAME PASSWORD 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

This is all in one line like above with no spaces but have tried it on 3 separate lines like this as well in case it makes a difference:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = SERVER PORT USERNAME PASSWORD 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

{Server/Port/Username/Password have my line details of course)
I'm running MGcamd 1.35a and it's enabled - the only thing I can think of is the incoming port being set at 21000, does this matter and if it does what should it be? More info in case it helps is that the line shows as connected on the host server!!

All help appreciated guys.

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = server 21000 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Try with that. With your setup you would be specifying the port twice. Once above and then again in the line.

The port is the port of the receiving server, not your local port.

Back