FTP user/password?

St3vo

Hi all,

Sorry to be a pain, but I cant seem to connect via ftp to my box.
I brought a used box from ebay, and the seller is at sea for 10 days. So I cant get hold of him.

I've put in my ip address in file zilla. I've used root as username, password I have tried all sorts.
left it blank,root,vuduo,vuduo2,password,dreambox and toor. None have worked.
The image is Virtuosso image xtreme by vix.

I've tried to search , and all the passwords I can see are the ones I've tried.

Thankyou for your time

Steve

Do you have the correct ip address in zilla, as it has to be the same one as the box, reboot your router, go into the image and check the ip address in the box, then put that into zilla

Do you have the correct ip address in zilla, as it has to be the same one as the box, reboot your router, go into the image and check the ip address in the box, then put that into zilla

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have the correct IP address. I use FileZilla quite often for my sites. It's driving me nuts

Enable Samba in network if not already done and go through network connections on computer?

Last edited:
i would have said reboot box and router then recheck box has all green ticks in network test,note correct ip and enter
ip addy and root lower case into filezilla client.

samba is old nfs if your connecting a network to boxes.

Well I tried the samba through network, added a new skin and my line. restarted the box and walla I messed it all up. I have some error now, wont come on just keeps trying to reboot every 10 seconds.

so I'll see if I can fix it by re flashing it. :)

wish me luck ha ha

people should learn to do the basic steps first like flash box and setup epg and abm first

picons and skins i dont bother about or could be done later if you wished .

follow bees thread for setting up enigma2 if on vix as life is easier.

box bought on ebay might it be a clone?what image was onit when bought?

the image was virtuoso or something its written above I think, extreme vix. I wanted the same skin as I had on my zgemma, slyk skin as that's what I am used too. I added the ipk file or what ever its called to the tmp folder, saved it from there then selected it from the user interface.

it restarted the gui and then this error came up, telling to send the report to enigma.

hope its not a clone it cost me enough

skin not worthy remove it,clones dont come with openvix as more like blackhole.

you can download openvix skins from plugin feeds.

skin not worthy remove it,clones dont come with openvix as more like blackhole.

you can download openvix skins from plugin feeds.
Ok then I'll remove it, I'll have a look and see this guide you mentioned and see if I can get it all back up.

Thanks for your time

no problem follow 1 step at a time and it gets easier and quicker in time lol
I sort of got there in the end lol. Although my channels are in HD so need to change them to SD so they work, also look for a skin in the plugin feed, I want it to look like sly though. will have a look through.

Back