Full details of Stones' Irish movie revealed

noelyf

VIP Member
Full details of Stones' Irish movie revealed

Friday 28 September 2012

Full details have been announced of The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling - Ireland 1965, the previously unreleased film which will be in the shops and on screens in November as part of the band's 50th anniversary celebrations.

000670bc-314.jpg

Charlie is my Darling
will be released in Ireland on Super Deluxe Box Set, Blu-ray and DVD on November 2

Shot on a weekend tour of Ireland weeks after (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction reached the top of the charts, and marking the Rolling Stones' cinematic debut, Charlie is my Darling will be released in Ireland on Super Deluxe Box Set, Blu-ray and DVD on November 2.

The press release says: "Charlie is my Darling is an intimate, behind-the-scenes diary of life on the road with the young Rolling Stones featuring the first professionally filmed concert performances of the band's long and storied touring career, documenting the early frenzy of their fans and the riots their live performances incited."

Among the performances featured in the movie are The Last Time, Time is on My Side and the first ever concert performance of (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

Produced by Stones' manager/producer Andrew Loog Oldham and directed by Peter Whitehead, the 1965 director's cut of the movie was 35 minutes long and was followed by a 50-minute producer's cut in the 1980s.

Now a new 65-minute version of the movie has been assembled featuring additional footage shot by Whitehead and first-generation audio recordings.

Among the extras on the Super Deluxe Box Set are DVD and Blu-ray versions of the director's cut and producer's cut, more footage shot in Dublin and Belfast in 1965, photos from the Irish Photo Archive/Lensmen Photo Archive, articles about the Irish show, a 42-page book, a poster of the band's Belfast show, the film's soundtrack and a CD and 10" vinyl album of live recordings from the band's 1965 tour.

The individual Blu-ray and DVD editions of the movie also feature the 2012 version, the director's cut and the producer's cut.

There will also be a digital-only release of the 2012 version of the movie.

The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling - Ireland 1965 receives its world premiere at the New York Film Festival today, Friday September 28.

November 2012 broadcast premieres and theatrical screenings are also being scheduled for Ireland, the UK and the US.

000670bb-628.jpg

000670ba-628.jpg

000670b9-628.jpg

Back