Getting a ZGemma h.2s but have a few questions if possible.

Hi, i have a zgemma h.2s on the way to replace a freesat HD box and a seperate pc mainly used to stream sports via kodi. I just have 3 questions:-

1) Im a bit confused by which build to install, i want something with the menu that looks like sky, will automatically update the epg and has KODI installed as a plug in. I have seen woosh and something else, which one is the most user friendly, mainly so the wife can use it! I liked the look of the woosh one as it had a plug in which added the "gift" code automatically as this seems to be a bit confusing.

2) Secondly, i have a 1tb USB3 samsung external drive, Will this be ok to record on as conscious it may be a little slow due to been USB, not a proper sata hdd connection?

3) Where can i purchase a "gift" for 12m and how do you know which one is best/most reliable?

Kind regards.

your build is personel all easy when you get used to them your drive is fine once you set it up it will record load epg the lot gift again is trial and error i use one that i have had no problems at all if you need any help i can send details of how to set up and instal gift etc.

Thanks for info. Does the woosh build have the menus that look like sky?
I have seen a few references to something called kiddacs. What is this, is it another version of woosh?(hopes that makes sense). What is the most popular all in one software installer that people use for these boxes? My mate had a older zgemma box and I first saw it on Saturday and was really impressed. It was a bit slow but that was the hardware, not the software. I don't know what version of software he was using but it looked like sky and was very slick.

Hi mattyc, Yes the Wooshbuild has the Sly looking menus which is actually the Slyk skin by kiddacs I believe. I have an H.2.S and have tried both succmnsee and woosh builds. I personally prefer woosh and have been using it for a while with no problems at all, automatic updating is a real bonus. I'm not taking sides, it's just personal preference, there's nothing wrong with succmnsee but woosh just felt more solid/stable to me and his installation guide is awesome for noobs.

I would say that getting a reliable gift is probably the most important thing so do some research, maybe make a request for some advice through the correct thread here on TK.

I use a sandisk 128Gb Cruzer stick and haven't had any problems (recording/timeshift) thus far.

Regards.

Back