Getting to know the termanology!!

REDMACK

Firstly, thanks to whoever confirmed my membership to the forum. I have currently got a SKYBOX f5s and have read a number of posts in a bid to get a lot more information around the various terms used and the various updates required. I have previously (via social media) been informed that my box requires the 'FIRMWARE' updated as i have a number of channels showing a No Signal icon.
Would it be possible for someone to confirm that this is the case. Secondly if so what is Firmwarea and how is it updated.
Im sure theres a lot of newbies likemyself. So i was wondering if there could be a techy area where most of these things could be explained.

Its not the firmware that needs updating its the channel table, as detailed in the above post.
The firmware is like the OS that runs on a PC, but you need to update the channel table when the frequency of channels change......that's why other boxes such as the zgemma boxes auto-update, so if there is a change in the channel table, you don't have to do anything at all...once you setup the configuration.
Just see how you get on with the over the network download :-)

Back