Gigablue ultra ue

So to follow on from my problem thread with regards the zgemma I had, now onto my Gigablue...
What I've done so far, I'm telling you this just in case there is something I've missed or you feel I should add.
So I've flashed it with openvix, it was already on the box but wasn't a fresh install, so I re flashed it.
Created swap file, setup tuner configuration with auto bouquets time etc..
Scanned and stored using diseqc 42e, 39e, 28.2e, 23.5e, 19.2e, 16e, 13e, 9e, 7e, 4.8e, 0.8w, 30w.
I've created a bouquet for each satellite with freeview channels added to each.
Set 28.2e same as my sky box.
Downloaded and setup epg.
Downloaded picons.
Initialised HD.

That's as far as I've got, I've got a few problems which I need some help with.
Firstly I'm struggling to pickup 26e and 5w, I did read about changes to these satellites, but unsure if I should still be able to pick these up? 1m dish in Manchester.

Second problem, in the media menu (media/hdd/movie/trash) folder. The directory folder (yellow bar) has half the words and folder icon cut off at the bottom.
If I go into the menu and change the font size I can get the word "directory" to read normally, however the folder icon is still cut off.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Hopefully this is something you've come across and it's just finding the right setting, it wasn't cut off before I re flashed it.
That's the only 2 problems I've had......so far:)

I do have other questions to help with my setup which I'll get to later if I can't find the answers online.
Lines, vpn etc..

Thanks.

So to follow on from my problem thread with regards the zgemma I had, now onto my Gigablue...
What I've done so far, I'm telling you this just in case there is something I've missed or you feel I should add.
So I've flashed it with openvix, it was already on the box but wasn't a fresh install, so I re flashed it.
Created swap file, setup tuner configuration with auto bouquets time etc..
Scanned and stored using diseqc 42e, 39e, 28.2e, 23.5e, 19.2e, 16e, 13e, 9e, 7e, 4.8e, 0.8w, 30w.
I've created a bouquet for each satellite with freeview channels added to each.
Set 28.2e same as my sky box.
Downloaded and setup epg.
Downloaded picons.
Initialised HD.

That's as far as I've got, I've got a few problems which I need some help with.
Firstly I'm struggling to pickup 26e and 5w, I did read about changes to these satellites, but unsure if I should still be able to pick these up? 1m dish in Manchester.

Second problem, in the media menu (media/hdd/movie/trash) folder. The directory folder (yellow bar) has half the words and folder icon cut off at the bottom.
If I go into the menu and change the font size I can get the word "directory" to read normally, however the folder icon is still cut off.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Hopefully this is something you've come across and it's just finding the right setting, it wasn't cut off before I re flashed it.
That's the only 2 problems I've had......so far:)

I do have other questions to help with my setup which I'll get to later if I can't find the answers online.
Lines, vpn etc..

Thanks.
Hi, I know nothing about this box so I can't help you there.
You should be able to get 5W no problem, frequency 12564 V 29950 has 7 FTA channels, you should get around 80% signal quality here,
there are 129 channels, 11 FTA (in French), the rest are scrambled.
26E is a weaker Sat, some strong Frequencies are 12015 V, 12053 V, 11996 H 27500, at about 50% SQ,
the strongest signal here is 12169 V 22000 at 65%, (this is what I'm getting with a 1M Alluminium dish in good weather, in NI)
If you can't find a signal on 12169 then your dish might be slightly too high or too low.

Last edited:
Thanks mike142 that's great, I was able to get both satellites in the past, I tried a few different transponders on each and couldn't get a signal, so now that I have transponders that I know that are working it should makes things a little easier, I'll probably wait for some nicer weather before trying 26e.

I've now solved my second problem with the file menu, took about 30 minutes of searching on Google to find my problem and answer.
I'll post what I did in case anyone else has the same problem, quite simple once you know how.:)
Go into the media menu - menu - settings - change the number of rows setting, it was at 20, I changed mine to 10.
Looks perfect now, I'll see when I fill it up with media content if I need to change the number, but think it'll be ok.

Back