gigablue

trainspotter

TK Supporter
hi everybody. looking for advise on gigablue receivers i see there are at least six different models ranging from the SE through to the quad +,the problem ive got is what is the best receiver for me, i need a receiver that works well with both sat and cable..im not bothered about multi recording while watching sat or cable...budget is around £230 thanks in advance for any input and advice

Then just buy the one with a sat tuner and a cable tuner. Think it is about £160 from world of sat,

If you run both sat and cable lines in the box, you will be able to watch sat while recording cable or vise versa anyway.

The rest of your budget will pay for a sat line and a cable line for approx the next 6 months.

hi i recently bought a gigablue 800 ue plus and have been reading wheelo`s tut on setting up with openvix...can anybody give any advice on mgcamd?...is it easier to set up with mgcamd 1.38c or should i stick to the 1.35 version

You can use any. You can download it straight to the box through the addons menu or you
can use this here.

If you download it to the box through addons you will still need to download mikes version anyway.

You will need mikes version so you can ftp the mg_cfg file and the newcamd.list file with filezilla.

as the downloads from the addons menu don't come with the the extra two files that you need.

(note you can delete all the info in the newcamd.list file and just paste in your line, change the front
end of your N line to read CWS= blah blah , rather than N: blah blah )

Last edited:
Back