Gladinet (desktop cloud storage access)

ferguj1

Super Duper Modulator
Staff member
Dropbox, Sugarsync and Zumodrive are some of the great online storage services that you can use to store, sync and access your files right from your desktop. However, they only offer a meagre free storage space (less than 5GB) that may not even be enough to backup your MP3 files. On the other hand, Windows Live Skydrive provides a whopping 25GB of online storage space, much more than the storage space of some of the 1st generation netbook and it is even enough to install a whole operating system on it. As good as it seems, there is one limitation. Skydrive is purely web based and does not provide any desktop-based application for you to sync your computer data with the cloud.

If you are looking to access your Skydrive account from your desktop, Gladinet is the application for you.

Gladinet Cloud Desktop is an application that allows you to mount cloud storage services as local folders and integrates online applications with the local desktop. It supports services such as Amazon S3, Google docs, Picasa, Adrive, and of course Skydrive.

:download:
Code:
http://www.gladinet.com/

For those interested, I am currently using this to access my SkyDrive account to backup items from my PC and the program works exactly as advertised. Takes a little time opening the mapped drive within the file explorer window, but in my mind that is to be expected due to accessing your account on the net, but the copying and pasting from within your file explorer could not be any simpler. (y)

Back