Glitches and freezing

go back in and after initialization you should see convert ext 3 - ext 4 to see if its mounted to use correctly.
wrongly setup hdd can be fat32 that dont work with linux,box changes it to use ntfs.

go back in and after initialization you should see convert ext 3 - ext 4 to see if its mounted to use correctly.
wrongly setup hdd can be fat32 that dont work with linux,box changes it to use ntfs.

1flash with ipab1.3.6
2 no updates? Or do i run the ipab critical updater?
3 do i run the iptv player update?
4 do not create swap file
5 initialise hdd drive confirm that it is ext3 or ext4
6 if fat 32 change to ntf

Hard drive description b4 initialisation is ATA (HGST HTS545050A7) - EXTERNAL (500.107 GB)
Bus:External

Last edited:
try going into mounts to check what hdd says,if mounted correctly it will show as ext3 -ext4.
do you have 2 hdd as you said internal earlier and now external?

try going into mounts to check what hdd says,if mounted correctly it will show as ext3 -ext4.
do you have 2 hdd as you said internal earlier and now external?
No only one hdd its inside the duo2. Ive initialsed the drive..checking what it says in system

In system storage devices..there is an option to convert ext3 to ext4

looks like ext4 which is correct,what cam did you say you used?
reread thread you did use 2.3.0 which is sat or cable usage.
recording iptv is different so cannot advise as i dont use it

Last edited:
you were already informed in posts #27 and #29 that recording iptv is only possible if your provider says so - it needs two connections to the server.
Has your provider confirmed that this is possible?

you were already informed in posts #27 and #29 that recording iptv is only possible if your provider says so - it needs two connections to the server.
Has your provider confirmed that this is possible?
Yes confirmed. I have setup my old zgemma and it is recording n pausing no problem with my providers line.

silly questions but what are 2 connections or meaning 2 lines?
As i understand it to record iptv your provider supplies a multi room line. My provider has done so,hence the ability to record on my old zgemma.
I should be able to do the same on the duo2...but cant at the moment.

Well after flashing the duo2 again. initialising the drive and checking the hdd is ext3 to ext4.
Provider added the idline i tried recording again..no luck image is corrupting again.
Is it fair to say now that it probably the hdd?

to check if hdd is faulty add a good usb and setup that also as ext3-4 and change path of recording to usb as that will tell if hdd is corrupt,if you can record and watch with hdd on sat and/or cable its working correctly.

to check if hdd is faulty add a good usb and setup that also as ext3-4 and change path of recording to usb as that will tell if hdd is corrupt,if you can record and watch with hdd on sat and/or cable its working correctly.
Great minds think alike..i am in the process if trying that this very minute...just not sure how to get the recirding and timeshift locations to move to the usb..ive initialised the usb but it wont alter location in the settings menu.

Great minds think alike..i am in the process if trying that this very minute...just not sure how to get the recirding and timeshift locations to move to the usb..ive initialised the usb but it wont alter location in the settings menu.
Reboot your receiver, then you will have the option of changing

Yeah did that but still didnt want to switch.
Im done with the duo2 for now.
I have contacted the ipab team..to see if they can help.
I will ket you know what they suggest.
Thanks for all the help and advice cactikid and dangerous and anyone else that posted a reply.

Back