Glitching / freezing itermittently

egt1

Hi all,

Ive had the Zgemma h2.h for over 12 months now. Just wanted to ask, how is it that a certain channel can glitch, freeze one day (for a few seconds) , then tomorrow it can play fine without problems.

Ive had this with some channels since i had the box. Is it internet, the box, or the line?

Reactions: mob
More lightly internet being throttled losing internet speed. Do a speed test on your internet when it is happening.

Reactions: mob
Im not sure it’s down to the internet being throttled as VM (if you’re with them) tend to keep the internet pretty steady even at peak times. If you’re not with them I still doubt it’s an internet issue.

As a H.2H owner, firstly I don’t think the tuners are the best however I tend to have very minimal / rare glitching. I get what you describe on MTV channel SD and HD and a couple of others however it could be your provider has a lot of people on that channel at particular times which may cause an issue?

My thought isn’t however concrete but that’s what I put it down to.

I can say however when I had Openatv 6.0 glitching was more frequent than on 6.1 so it could also be down to the image and the demands on the box?

As I said my issues are few and far between so as with everything in this game nothing is perfect, it just depends on your tolerance.

I don’t think there would be a provider that can provide a flawless line in all fairness but certainly can provide very decent ones

Last edited:
For us, most of the music channels are glitchy or don't even clear.
The Horror Channel is another one which is not reliable as it glitches all the time, but it is confusing that E4 can be fine one day and glitchy the next. Can be intollerable at times. Ive also noticed HD channels can be glitchy, so best to watch SD, but lately even SD are glitchy.

Using Speetest.net for internet speed check and although i am on Virgin 200mbps package, the results are fluctuating. Doing a test one after the other i get readings of 142mbps, 94mbps, 83mbps, 133mbps, 142mbps, 125mbps, 94mbps. Although these readings should still give good internet speed, they are fluctuating, not sure if this is the problem.

Back