Glitching & Freezing While Recording Another Programme

Paul_B

Recently I am having issues with channels being glitch and freezing while recording another programme.

Basically I could be watching a programme and have another programme timed to start recording at say 9pm. Then at 9pm the channel I am currently watching will start freezing and becoming glitchy every 10-20 seconds. I find when I stop the recording of the other programme the glitching and freezing of the programme I am watching stops.

I have also come across an issue last night when playing back the programme I recorded it was also glitchy. I was watching the timer on the front of the satellite box and when the programme became glitchy I noticed the timer jump forward anywhere between 5 to 10 seconds.

My setup is:
XTrend 8000
Openvix
Sly NLine
Oscam
500GB internal hard drive
2 cables from sat dish

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Is the line you have from your provider multi room enabled. Cheap lines or not usually multi room enabled so will cause that to happen on a twin tuner, you or only allow one connection to the server, so only 1 scrambled channel at a time. check with your provider.

I asked my provider and he said the line isn't multiroom but does up to a twin tuner so that isn't my problem. He said he has the same line working on his XTrend without any issues.

Anything else I could try?

I think I am on Openvix 3.2, should I upgrade to the latest version and start from scratch?

Hi,
I would second the Blow it away, re-flash, re-setup.
But I would go 1 version back from current which might be more stable.

I asked my provider and he said the line isn't multiroom but does up to a twin tuner so that isn't my problem. He said he has the same line working on his XTrend without any issues.

Anything else I could try?

I think I am on Openvix 3.2, should I upgrade to the latest version and start from scratch?

if multi room is not enabled you cannot have 2 connections to the server at the same time. your box will want 2 connections when you want to record a scrambled channel and want to watch another scambled channel. muiti room does not mean 2 different boxes if you or using twin tuner boxes.

---------- Post Merged at 02:25 PM ----------

try a test line with multi room enabled and you will find out.

I have received a test line with multiroom so I will try that out later and see how I get on.

What I dont understand is the line I have was working fine with recordings for the last few months, this problem only started about two weeks ago?

I have just asked herself and she said that she was home today watching something and recording something at the same time with no issues.

My head hurts... :willy nilly:

if one channel is fta and the other is a scambled channel which is being recorded then it will work. as it only as one connection to the server.

if one channel is fta and the other is a scambled channel which is being recorded then it will work. as it only as one connection to the server.

Ah I see, now that makes sense!! She was recording a FTA channel today while watching something else.

test it on two different scrambled channels by recording one and watch the other. also make sure that the 2 channels you or using or not on the same transponder as that would only count as one connection. so try something like sky sport1 and record discovery channel.

Just home now and just tested my existing line with a recording from a premium channel while watching another premium channel and its working perfect, no glitches at all

Problem I have now is, even if I try that other test line with multiroom I wont know if that fixes the problem as my existing line is working fine now.

Any suggestions?

What cam are you using? I had similar issues when I first got my zgemma recording one premium channel while watching another I had blank screen when trying to watch a recording but recording a premium channel while watching fta was fine I emailed my provider and he asked me what cam it was using it told him mgcamd 1.35 he said switch to mgcamd 1.38 and test again and it was fine.

Back