Glitching / freezing.

narl

I have tried at least 8/9 different providers on this site. Every single one has provided a service although every provider has glitching / freezing issues.

I am now looking into the setup side of things. It if currently as follows.

Outside in the street:
Coax cable - Splitter

Inside the house it is
Splitter - broadband - Vu Duo

Upstairs there is another broadband modem.

A few months ago virgin media were out and they replaced an old splitter (outside) they also replaced a length of coaxial cable to the broadband modem as it was constantly disconnecting.

I've replaced the splitter inside the house today with a heavy one from maplin and still the channels are glitching.

Modem is showing all power levels are absolutely fine.

What else is there I can try? The only thing I have not tried is replacing the coaxial cable from the outside splitter to the splitter inside the house.

Any thoughts?

For the incoming feed to the house.
It splits from there one connection upstairs (modem) and second connection downstairs.

So why is there a splitter inside the house?

The setup outside is as follows.
Main cable feed - Splitter - connection to living room - connection to upstairs.

Downstairs - Incoming feed from outside - splitter - Connection for modem and connection for box.

Yes - the penny has now dropped :grin: ... always good to get the full picture so we know what we're dealing with.

When you say you get freezing / glitching ... is it like a fuzzy picture all the time (pixelation) or does the picture freeze go a bit pixelated then come back on?

Is there any channels in particular that do this?

The picture will freeze can be anything up to 2 seconds to 30 seconds.

Will mostly happen on TG4.
I've downloaded the mg_cfg from this site just now and sent it to the box, the one I used previously was just the one when it has been downloaded via the VIX download option.

There will always be a selection of channels that will freeze on VM - it's just the nature of it.

I'm guessing you're in Ireland with you mentioning TG4?

Belfast yeah.
Although it can glitch on any channel earlier I was watching without success Itv and it was glitching every few moments.

L5
I have tried at least 8/9 different providers on this site. Every single one has provided a service although every provider has glitching / freezing issues.

I am now looking into the setup side of things. It if currently as follows.

Outside in the street:
Coax cable - Splitter

Inside the house it is
Splitter - broadband - Vu Duo

Upstairs there is another broadband modem.

A few months ago virgin media were out and they replaced an old splitter (outside) they also replaced a length of coaxial cable to the broadband modem as it was constantly disconnecting.

I've replaced the splitter inside the house today with a heavy one from maplin and still the channels are glitching.

Modem is showing all power levels are absolutely fine.

What else is there I can try? The only thing I have not tried is replacing the coaxial cable from the outside splitter to the splitter inside the house.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am more shocked that you found 8/9 providers for Irish cable lines which are rare :grimacing:

Back