Glitching with H2H

I had a feeling that was it. It's the only thing that really moves about. It does freeze when it's reasonably low. Maybe time to try a new splitter

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

So on n-lines, once it starts going above 3s you're likely to start seeing glitching. I don't know what c-lines will go to, but I'd guess it's a lower value.

Now when you get glitches, try to get your ECM times - I genuinely don't know what to expect in these cases.
1) They might carry on as normal, so your times remain low and it points to the splitter pretty obviously
2) Your ECM times jump - but is that because your server isn't up to the job, or has the splitter prevented it requesting the ecm properly?

With this ECM is 0.536 and 0.237 good or bad? Does the 0 mean 0 seconds so when you say glitching starts at about 3 secs plus the ECM should read 3.000 etc?

I wouldn't worry too much about the ecm's as long as you don't get any glitching your OK, so many things can cause glitching, your setup needs to be good, stable internet provider, Ethernet cable from router to receiver.
I've seen two receivers connected to the same server with one receiver getting 0 freezes and the other clocking 35 in a week then nothing the next week, the internet can be to blame sometimes, a lot of people jump on the there line provider without looking at the own set up or restarting there modem/router on a regular basis.
You can always post your config details and someone can check over them.
If your running two lines in say a zgemma H2H then the lines are best being the same format ie: 2 x n lines, 2 x C lines.

I have the same problem. If u are using a skin then you need to edit the extras.xml to see the ecm for example on slyuk. I am using a 5-2400 splitter so i have ordered some different ones on ebay. Ill give it a blast and see if there is any difference

At a high level u need to use an ftp client.
I use something called winscp which is free.
Get the ip address from ur box and connect as root (no password)
Navigate to the folder where extras.xml lives. Location is on another post. Right click and edit.
Change the value for the ecm, its documented in the file itself
Restart gui
Press ok twice and a small black bar will be at the bottom of the epg showing the ecm

I think i have ruled out all i can on my side provided my ecm is ok. The only remaining link in the chain has got to be the server?

Ha I've just bought a new Splitter (Tratec) and for me I just get Tuner failed... Sometimes messing around with the cables fixes it briefly, but not for long. Not sure if I have to use 2 splitters, one outside in the Nynex box and one inside before the connection goes to my router and box. But anyway using the Tratec splitter actually make things worse as I lose more channels than using the splitter I got off eBay (5-2450 Mhz). Next step is to test another line, although not expecting it to make a difference.

Ha I've just bought a new Splitter (Tratec) and for me I just get Tuner failed... Sometimes messing around with the cables fixes it briefly, but not for long. Not sure if I have to use 2 splitters, one outside in the Nynex box and one inside before the connection goes to my router and box. But anyway using the Tratec splitter actually make things worse as I lose more channels than using the splitter I got off eBay (5-2450 Mhz). Next step is to test another line, although not expecting it to make a difference.
I'd look at your setup again, tuner failed messages can be the result of a lose or bad connection.

Back