Going to be transferring images on enimga 2, can i FTP a modded skin version over?

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
I have a modded Slyk 4 skin which i have backed up from OpenVix as i am currently on that image

If i go to OpenATV, can i directly FTP to /usr/share/enigma2 the same modded slyk-1-hd folder and get access to the same modded version on the new image via a reboot and visiting the skins section of the menu?

Or am i meant to backup the skin another method using Menu>Setup>Vix>Backup manager?

Help would be appreciated.

Yes you can just ftp it and it will show in the skins section but to remove it you'll have to delete it rather than uninstall via plugins

I would install a clean skin and then ftp your modded copy over the top clean one
i think there is a vix.xml but never looked in to it, so something might not be the same

You can download and copy the skin that way but....
my skin now has custom python components that do not live in that location.

Personally I think you are best, copying my entire skin folder to your computer. Reinstalling V4 IPK (if you prefer that version). This will bring in the python components required.

Then copy over your saved skin folder back over these files. This will achieve what you want.

the vix.xml are just the screens that are mainly used for vix. I don't recommend deleting it, as there maybe screens in there that are used by openatv.

---------- Post Merged at 08:59 AM ----------

It is not recommended installing your vix backup settings onto a different build like atv. It will potentially crash your box.

You can download and copy the skin that way but....
my skin now has custom python components that do not live in that location.

Personally I think you are best, copying my entire skin folder to your computer. Reinstalling V4 IPK (if you prefer that version). This will bring in the python components required.

Then copy over your saved skin folder back over these files. This will achieve what you want.

the vix.xml are just the screens that are mainly used for vix. I don't recommend deleting it, as there maybe screens in there that are used by openatv.

---------- Post Merged at 08:59 AM ----------

It is not recommended installing your vix backup settings onto a different build like atv. It will potentially crash your box.

I see there is a EPGselection.py in within the python screens and other .py files. Thanks all for the help, will install the clean v4 build on OpenATV and overwrite the modded slyk files i had from OpenVix.

Thanks a a lot for your support.

The epgselection.py is already on my h2h image unless you've edited it for your preference and you shouldn't need to use the other py files in python screen

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The epgselection.py is already on my h2h image unless you've edited it for your preference and you shouldn't need to use the other py files in python screen

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Nevermind i went back to openvix, since the subtitles for teletext cannot have a background on openatv..

Back