Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 setup

Hello guys, i need someones help if possibile. I have/had the XPEED - LX2 for a while now, and still dont have it up and running. My problem is that i cant get the 2 files ( mg-cfg and newcamd ) to transfer to the XPEED - LX2 box using either Filezilla program or using the Dreambox control centre. Both of these programs keep telling me that the transfer of both files has been successful, but when i got into the Softcams option on the LX2 to see if files are there, there is nothing there ?????? Any help or info on how to sort this out would be most appreciated guys.

Many Thanks......

Soundman

You won't see the files in the softcams menu, they are just ftp'd to your box.

You need to download the softcams MG Cam 1.38 and / or 1.35

Menu - Pugins - Download Pugins (green button) - Scroll down to softcams

After you have downloaded the cams to your box activate one of them.

The cam then reads the files you have ftp'd and clears the channels.

Have a look at the bottom of the guide here

Last edited:
Still Probs....

You won't see the files in the softcams menu, they are just ftp'd to your box.

You need to download the softcams MG Cam 1.38 and / or 1.35

Menu - Pugins - Download Pugins (green button) - Scroll down to softcams

After you have downloaded the cams to your box activate one of them.

The cam then reads the files you have ftp'd and clears the channels.

Have a look at the bottom of the guide here

Hi Bees, howz ya doing then bro, tnx for the info but still getting nowhare my man. Do i need to download the softcams MG Cam 1.38 and / or 1.35 from the internet and then transfer them over to the Sat Box. And as for the other 2 files, my " N Line " from my provider which i changed to CWS = at the beginning of the line like you said and also the mg-cfg file. I have tried both Filezilla Client and the Dreambox Control Centre to try and tranfer the 2 files over to my sat box, and both programs said that they had transfered successfully, but my sat box not showing any Sly programs :-( :-( :-( Please bare with me Bess, as this is all new to me, and find it hard to get a grasp on. I know it's probably something silly i'm not doing, but it's realy getting me down now..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Press blue button on remote and select softcam manager...and activate the cam u wish to use..If one dosent work try the other...i use 2.3.0 for mine...If this is not available get it from the softcam plugins

Press blue button on remote and select softcam manager...and activate the cam u wish to use..If one dosent work try the other...i use 2.3.0 for mine...If this is not available get it from the softcam plugins

The way I am reading it is he hasn't downloaded the CAM to his box yet,so he can't switch them on.
but he has ftp'd his line and mg_cam file to usr/keys

On your remote;

Menu - Plugins - Download Plugins (green button) - Scroll down to softcams

Select Mg Cam 1.38 download it to your box.

Do the same for 1.35.

On your remote;

Menu - Setup - Softcam / CI - Softcam Manager

Green Button - Start

Blue Button - Enable Start Up

(Only use one of the cams don't try to run both at the same time)

The way I am reading it is he hasn't downloaded the CAM to his box yet,so he can't switch them on.
but he has ftp'd his line and mg_cam file to usr/keys

On your remote;

Menu - Plugins - Download Plugins (green button) - Scroll down to softcams

Select Mg Cam 1.38 download it to your box.

Do the same for 1.35.

On your remote;

Menu - Setup - Softcam / CI - Softcam Manager

Green Button - Start

Blue Button - Enable Start Up

(Only use one of the cams don't try to run both at the same time)

Hi Bees, i think i have figured out what the problem is, tho i dont know how to solve it. I think the Mg Cam 1.38 and Mg Cam 1.35 are there in my sat box and have been downloaded ok and are working. The problem i think is with my N Line and mg_cam file, which i dont think have been transfered to my sat box. i see you make referance to ( files to usr/keys ) ie:- N Line and mg_cam file to be sent to my sat box, but i dont know what you mean by this ( usr/keys ) ??? I have lost cout the number of times i have downloaded the " Filezilla Client " but every time i open up the Filezilla Client program there is no referance to /usr/keys in the right hand side of the program, ( like the discription in you tutorial ) which is whare i need to send files to so that they can be uploaded to the sat box. I dont know if this making any sence to you bro, but do think this is whare the prob lies........:(

Make sure your box is connected to your router with an ethernet cable

(Get the boxes ip address from Menu - Information - Network )

then

Open Filezilla Client

Across the top, in Host type in your IP address for your box, in username type in root, leave password blank and in port type in 21

Then press quick connect.

Do you get a message in the top box of filezilla showing the box has connected ?

when you enter /var/keys the top line changes to usr/keys and there are no files or folders present until you ftp your mg_cfg and newcamd.list over= 2 files.it does get easier when done a few times.

With all these boxes it's always something very simple that trips you up and drives you nuts !! :willy nilly:

Make sure you box is connecting, then try transferring the files.

With all these boxes it's always something very simple that trips you up and drives you nuts !! :willy nilly:

Make sure you box is connecting, then try transferring the files.

Ok Bees, ya got that right bro lol.....lol Right, update........ Sorted and now up and running Bees Wooooooooooooooooooooo Took all the ethernet plugs/connections out of laptop/router/Sat Box and started again, made sure that the program was picking Sat Box up ok, then transfred files accross, and HeyPresto, one up and running XPEED LX" Sat Box. Realy have to thank ya for all your help my man, and specially your patience, you must have ben pulling your hair out bro, i know i was ha ha ha lol

The Soundman......:drum:

I've been on here soooo long i'm bald as a cute !! LOL

Glad to see you got sorted, time to sit back and chill (y)

Back