Google Chrome and RSS Feeds

axxxo

VIP Member
images

Id like to see what other regular users of Chrome are using for their RSS subscriptions within google chrome.
Im a heavy Firefox user and am considering making the switch from FF to chrome, yeah it loads pages faster but to me it just doesnt have the same features as FF.

I am subscribed to ALOT of RSS feeds through FF and i can easily read them while they are stuck to the top of the browser in the bokmarks toolbar without having to open another tab or window OR SIGN INTO ANYTHING

What options do i have with chrome that doesnt require the bullshit of having to sign into my google account to subscribe to an RSS feed?

To me this is probably the main reason I havent already made a move to give chrome a fair chance, but if it doesnt have what i want, why should I??

I have the extension installed already by the way found HERE but its pretty useless and i dont think anyone could argue that point against FF!

If there is an easy solution to this I'd love to hear it, thanks.

FINALLY

A decent rss feed for chrome!!!

An extension called Foxish RSS makes it all possible

A little bit more work adding the feeds to it than firefox but once its done, you dont have to worry about it again.

Download the extension from HERE and install, to chrome obviously :)

Now once its installed open tools and then extensions and select options on Foxish

21-02-2012 06-48-24.jpg

You need to add the feed name, any name you want to give it
The feed URL, when you open Techkings, which supports rss feeds, the RSS icon will be in the address bar at the top of the screen, as will other sites. Click on the icon and the rss feed url will be revealed to you.
Add this URL to the feed url in Foxish.
Finally you need to add the site URL or in otherwards, the homepage of the site you wish to add.

Click save and thats it.

When you want to add another feed just click on add feed and follow the simple steps with whatever other feed you want to add and they will appear in your bookmarks bar in chrome.

Might just give chrome a go afterall!

Last edited:
i do use chrome now and again but never used rss feeds ( dont really understand them and never looked into them) Also didnt know that you could add extensions to chrome like you can FF.
But thanks have downloaded that extension :)

Back