Got box working but have a couple of tech questions.

swandog

Hi all,

New here, got my Zgemma box yesterday, set it all up and its working like a charm :woohoo:

Got a couple of questions if anyone can help, have tried searching but couldn't find any answers.

1. When I go into TSMedia and click on Genesis for example, it wants to install it on the internal memory. Is there a way to install the addons to a USB? Do I need to create a swap file?

2. On my old sky box, I could put a channel on downstairs and watch it upstairs, is this possible with this box? Not fussed on changing channel upstairs, just nice to put something on when in bed.

Any help is appreciated (y)

There is a thread on down forum discussing option for feeding signal to another room. There is also plenty of other posts about same, for eg one option may be digital senders. Have you tried search option on forum?

Think addons need to be on box to run properly and previous advice has been to create swapfile when setting up

Use a permanent HDD/USB in box.
Format it first. Any system.
Turn off
Insert
Initialise
Set 256mb swapfile
Reboot
That will set.
Doing a backup tonight with working kodi. Just hope its under size limit......
Too big :( gonna have to do a kodi addon folder.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I did create a swap file when setting up, wasn't sure if you could create another one or not to maybe install addons/plugins to.

I'll have another search regarding the signal to other rooms. Ta

Back