Got this Email from VM stating I've been viewing shared content!

Plus i dont have TV with them! only have BB.. Do use Utorrent tho but never downloaded finding dory.. so i'm lost

You need to be more smart for a start edit that image you are show every one your details.

Are you sure no one in your household is not doing anything and utorrent without a vpn are you mad.

It's best to just pay no attention to these but due to this being your second check security of your wireless and make sure others in household are not doing anything

Letter states sharing, isn't that for uploading a file?

Companies are more against those that share than those that download [emoji6]

Letter states time and date, be pretty easy to work out who in the household is responsible.

couldnt you say it must be with the free wifi share services they offer where anyone on vm can use your wifi? maybe an option for anyone who gets these emails

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

"Letter states sharing, isn't that for uploading a file?"
Please don't use that as a defence - and it's probably best you Google how exactly torrents and file sharing works.....

I hate to say it, but in 99% or more of these cases, the letters ARE correct.

Without knowing how many people are in your household with access to the internet, can you categorically rule EVERYONE out?

If anyone in your household is using a fork of Popcorn Time Movies (after the official one was closed in 2015) then that uses torrent sharing to provide the video feed.

In this day and age if you (as in the general public) are going to watch ANY video files you haven't paid for, you really need to do your homework.
And use a VPN.

I got one of these a few weeks back for a film I didn't download but I searched for a film of the same name but about 20 years older.

do you think giving them a call about it to see if they know anything about sending me an email? I have however installed HotSpot Shield so this should be ok now but found it weird how they have just started doing this.. Always used Torrents never had any emails up to nowish. But for a rant, I'm pay for a service from vm and it's nothing to do with them what I personally do! If they don't want people doing things like this then maybe they should put a block on there services from there end! but they don't have the power to do that! If there services provide such content then surely they are responsible for allowing such content to be accessed!

Is it just the Browser that sends the information or is it utorrent? I thought it might be Utorrent?

Hi,a Jay T could you go to the picture you posted an use this one, Use the edit button, Otherwise you may get a lot of spam in your inbox since your email is showing on the tabs.
Plus I have blanked the account info for you too?

Untitled.png

Plus when you download something in torrent software it works in the context of p2p while you download its uploading the bits you have downloaded to the other peers. (Uploading)
Plus you say you only have BB but if you have a constant amount of download speed they can track everything from there side. Which might be only a few megs for clearing channels.
If you think your being tracked you can use glasnost test. Not sure if that will help but am sure there is other software to find stuff out?
Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
From experience ISP's have only ever really chased people who upload content. The thing with torrents as mentioned is whilst you're downloading someone else may be uploading from you. That said using torrents isn't illegal although the majority of traffic that does go through such sites is copyrighted, it is still a good way to distribute copyright free music, tv and software.

Back