Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only build for H5.2tc, H7C and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@grog68 I must be doing something wrong with the flash (H7c). I want to flash from scratch and restore settings. I have extracted and have a folder called zgemma onto a USB. I then turn off and turn on again holding the button on the front. But it just boots normally and ignores the USB plugged in the back. Is there some way I can force the update? Thanks

@grog68 I must be doing something wrong with the flash (H7c). I want to flash from scratch and restore settings. I have extracted and have a folder called zgemma onto a USB. I then turn off and turn on again holding the button on the front. But it just boots normally and ignores the USB plugged in the back. Is there some way I can force the update? Thanks
have you changed the file in the folder called enforce which you have to rename to force (that is what i did for the h2h would imagine its the same)

have you changed the file in the folder called enforce which you have to rename to force (that is what i did for the h2h would imagine its the same)

There is no folder called enforce. I've got zgemma > h7 then files disk.img, imageversion, kernal.bin, rootfs.tar.bz2

I thought I could try blue button flash online/local. Online says not enough space on /hdd You need 300mb free space. Well I have 1tb disk that I freshly initialised. Not sure exactly what I need to put in /hdd/images to try locally. Bit nervous about breaking something at this point

That's not needed on the H7.
was the usb stick formated as fat32?
There is no folder called enforce. I've got zgemma > h7 then files disk.img, imageversion, kernal.bin, rootfs.tar.bz2

I thought I could try blue button flash online/local. Online says not enough space on /hdd You need 300mb free space. Well I have 1tb disk that I freshly initialised. Not sure exactly what I need to put in /hdd/images to try locally. Bit nervous about breaking something at this point
That sounds like they are not mounted correctly, check the mounts (ATV press the red button on remote and select Plugins -> Mountmanager, your internal drive should be showing as mount:/media/hdd and then the usb stick should show mount:/media/usb)

That's not needed on the H7.

was the usb stick formated as fat32?

That sounds like they are not mounted correctly, check the mounts (ATV press the red button on remote and select Plugins -> Mountmanager, your internal drive should be showing as mount:/media/hdd and then the usb stick should show mount:/media/usb)

Yes, FAT32.

I have an external USB 1tb. It's mounted as media/sda1 (device /dev/sda1) That doesn't sound right. But I just plugged in the portable hd and initialised it. I haven't got the other USB plugged in as I didn't want to confuse things

How can I sort this?

Yes, FAT32.

I have an external USB 1tb. It's mounted as media/sda1 (device /dev/sda1) That doesn't sound right. But I just plugged in the portable hd and initialised it. I haven't got the other USB plugged in as I didn't want to confuse things

How can I sort this?
Press the red button and then select Plugins -> MountManager -> green button and then using the left/right arrows on remote change to /media/hdd and then press green button to save. The box will reboot and you should then be ok

My h4 is acting up loads, random crashes (hangs and has to be hard reset) channels clearing 1 minute and not the next, I'm really just thinking of sticking to iptv or god forbid I'll just re-join virgin and bend over and have the monthly fee taken out of me

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Does this latest image fix the audio description issue? Weighing up my options to either wait for bioheads new image or move to this build if it fixes the narration on channels

Does this latest image fix the audio description issue? Weighing up my options to either wait for bioheads new image or move to this build if it fixes the narration on channels
Yes, this build includes the audio fixes

Forgive me if I'm being thick. So if I flash with the image I've just downloaded and run any system updates, use mgcamd 1.38 and set a swap file as normal. Initialize HDD etc etc. Obvs set region code and run a scan it will fix audio problems. Thanks in advance.

Have you set up a swap file on it? maybe increase the size of it and see if that helps
I actually sat there and started thinking about it, I remembered that the HDD that I put in a caddy for the box was from a duff laptop, so I changed out the HDD and every issue has disappeared

Edit: Tried sky movies Disney this morning and still had AD on

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
so are you getting premium channels clearing now?

You have to change the active softcam in softcam panel, EG, if you're using C lines, you need CCccam2.3.0 as active cam, if you're using A line begining with CWS tou need mgcamd1.38 as active cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back