Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only build for H5.2tc, H7C and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking about installing Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only for H5.2tc on my H2H as i believe it has been said that it works on the H2H? Please correct me if im wrong?

Im currently using Bioheads image cable only.

If i use this build on my H2H and set my line up with mgcamd_1.38r1 just like i have on bioheeads image will this resolve the NAR issues?
You will need to download the H2H build not the H5.2tc build, they are both available from the link in the downloads section of this forum.

Yes, the NAR issue and the online software update issue have both been fixed in grogbuild, and yes you can use mgcamd

Yes. Click on download and it will take you to the external site. There you will the different image versions for the different model of boxes

Thanks mate thats helped alot so do the instructions on http://www.techkings.org/resources/grogbbuild-h2h-and-h5-2tc-atv-6-1-cable.30/ under "New Install / Manual reflash" also apply to H2H?

Edit: sorry if some of my questions are stupid its been a long day and i plan on reflashing sometime tommoro when my head as been re-aligned lol thanks for all the help guys much appreciated.

Check your picon folder you should have the file bbconenwest.png which is the bbc one north west picon.

Hi, yes the file is there.
Just noticed that the cable channel is called 'BBC ONE North West' and the Sat channel 'BBC ONE N West'.
So duplicated the PNG and named it bbconenorthwest.PNG which worked.

As for the granada picon it's really getting to me, my picon set was generated primarily for cable but trying to include the sat channels as well. I've tried using the info @dsayers2014 gave me above but for some reason it's still not giving me all the picons for all itv regional channels on satellite, what you can do is try copying the itv.png to itvgranada.png in the picon folder.

I duplicated all 3 ITV files l, add the suffix granada, which fixed the issue. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I just finished installing grogbuild h2h image and followed the instructions, I have cable only connected to my box, i have just added my line details file to the box, im now doing a service scan for new channels, ive noticed it taking a long time to complete a scan, im wondering if its got something to do with the configuration in that its scanning for sky channels as well as vm channels? Is there a way to configure to scan for vm channels only? Its literally been scanning for about close to 15 min now and only 18% complete with only 19 channels found? Is this normal?

Last edited:
I just finished installing grogbuild h2h image and followed the instructions, I have cable only connected to my box, i have just added my line details file to the box, im now doing a service scan for new channels, ive noticed it taking a long time to complete a scan, im wondering if its got something to do with the configuration in that its scanning for sky channels as well as vm channels? Is there a way to configure to scan for vm channels only? Its literally been scanning for about close to 15 min now and only 18% complete with only 19 channels found? Is this normal?
Its ok ive found out what the problem was, i needed to change the region from Virgin Media UK (Pure) to (Telewest) After i did this it scanned for the channels, found 618 and took about 7 min.

I have been trying to swap BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and channel 5 with the HD channels how do i do this?

Would i need to do the software update? I have just scanned for updates and theres currently 65 updates is it advisable to update these?

I just wanna say how great this build is, all the NAR audio shenanigans have been obliterated, at long last, im so happy thanks to grog68 and every one else who contributed to making this build, all working perfect :fuckyou:

Last edited:
Its ok ive found out what the problem was, i needed to change the region from Virgin Media UK (Pure) to (Telewest) After i did this it scanned for the channels, found 618 and took about 7 min.

I have been trying to swap BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and channel 5 with the HD channels how do i do this?
It sounds like you used the automatic scan rather than the abm scan which wouldn't have scanned for sat if not enabled in providers. There was no need to do an auto scan. Again in ABM -> providers enabling the swap for virgin will switched the HD/SD channels. I'm glad you're sorted now

hi at present I have openvix I am going to change to grogbuild do I just flash it or do I need to factory reset first or do I just flash it.
I have H2H on vm.
thanks in advance Alan

Which image should I use for zgemma h2 on virmin cheers
My build is available for the H2H but I am afraid it wont install on a H2 and I don't have a H2 to build it on, you may want to look at http://www.techkings.org/resources/mikey-b-openatv-6-1.46/ which is for the h1 and h2 althought I've never used it.
hi at present I have openvix I am going to change to grogbuild do I just flash it or do I need to factory reset first or do I just flash it.
I have H2H on vm.
thanks in advance Alan
Just flash it, do not factory reset and that just messes things up

Has anyone ever successfully updated via Software update? I've just tried and it worked ok but then stuck in a boot loop. That has happened a couple of times to me. So frustrating. Why have it if it doesn't work

Has anyone ever successfully updated via Software update? I've just tried and it worked ok but then stuck in a boot loop. That has happened a couple of times to me. So frustrating. Why have it if it doesn't work
when did you flash your box? if before about 2 weeks ago then there was an issue with doing a software update which is well documented on here. This was fixed with a new atv nightly build and grogbuild was then rebuilt so the latest build of grogbuild, and I assume others, fixes the issue.
Your box will need reflashing with the latest build, if you've flashed in the past week then let me know please and I will test

when did you flash your box? if before about 2 weeks ago then there was an issue with doing a software update which is well documented on here. This was fixed with a new atv nightly build and grogbuild was then rebuilt so the latest build of grogbuild, and I assume others, fixes the issue.
Your box will need reflashing with the latest build, if you've flashed in the past week then let me know please and I will test

Sorry, might have been a couple of weeks ago. I only read back 2 pages. The reason I tried the update is because Channel 4 HD was messed up and not clearing properly. I have restored the latest version anyway but Channel 4 HD won't clear. Anyone else? I can use Freesat so not a major problem

I think it is only Channel 4 HD affected but haven't checked every channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back