Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only build for H5.2tc, H7C and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi loaded grogbuild everything comes up but won't play channels (Zgemm H52tc) loaded line and plays all scan on B didn't seem to work.

Hi guys bit of an issue today, none of my channels are working except 1-4 SD. I've spoke to other people on the same line they've all said theirs is working fine. I'm on grogbuild 6.1 I've attempted to go to 6.2 but it says I need 300mb space and I dont have anything with that available right now. I've restarted my own network and the cam a number of times to no avail. It's connected by ethernet, network tests shows 5 green ticks. Any ideas I can try im stuck and out of luck right now. Thanks.

Hi guys bit of an issue today, none of my channels are working except 1-4 SD. I've spoke to other people on the same line they've all said theirs is working fine. I'm on grogbuild 6.1 I've attempted to go to 6.2 but it says I need 300mb space and I dont have anything with that available right now. I've restarted my own network and the cam a number of times to no avail. It's connected by ethernet, network tests shows 5 green ticks. Any ideas I can try im stuck and out of luck right now. Thanks.
Grogbuild is currently only 6.1 I am afraid, I know it appears in both 6.1 and 6.2 lists when flashing online, that's a bug I will get round to fixing at some point.
If you press green button and select IPTV Player, are you able to stream anything?
Try holding power button on remote until a menu appears and select deep standby, then reboot your router and then turn the box back on.
Hi loaded grogbuild everything comes up but won't play channels (Zgemm H52tc) loaded line and plays all scan on B didn't seem to work.
Have you set your NetID? are you getting bbc 1 SD on channel 101?

Grogbuild is currently only 6.1 I am afraid, I know it appears in both 6.1 and 6.2 lists when flashing online, that's a bug I will get round to fixing at some point.
If you press green button and select IPTV Player, are you able to stream anything?
Try holding power button on remote until a menu appears and select deep standby, then reboot your router and then turn the box back on.

Have you set your NetID? are you getting bbc 1 SD on channel 101?

Hey thanks for the reply. I just tried the IPTV player and the streaming works fine. I put it in deep standby and rebooted my modem and router, same issue as before. 101 on mine is BBC One HD which doesn't work, I can't seem to find the SD version, the SD version of bbc2 itv and channel 4 are the only ones working. I'll check my NET ID now, It's been fine for the last few months without any issues until this morning, I'm not sure what's causing this. Do I check In ABM? I've checked another thread on here to make sure it corresponds to my area. It seems to still be correct.

Hey thanks for the reply. I just tried the IPTV player and the streaming works fine. I put it in deep standby and rebooted my modem and router, same issue as before. 101 on mine is BBC One HD which doesn't work, I can't seem to find the SD version, the SD version of bbc2 itv and channel 4 are the only ones working. I'll check my NET ID now, It's been fine for the last few months without any issues until this morning, I'm not sure what's causing this. Do I check In ABM? I've checked another thread on here to make sure it corresponds to my area. It seems to still be correct.

if you're getting the free SD channels then chances are your netid is correct. bbc1 SD may be on 108.

Are you sure your line is still live? try a test line, this will prove one way or another if this is your line.

Hello Grog,

I had issues with woo image so switched to yours which is working perfectly - thank you!

I've applied the N: line but unfortunately, the channels aren't running, even though line is working, is there anyway to force start the line?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello Grog,

I had issues with woo image so switched to yours which is working perfectly - thank you!

I've applied the N: line but unfortunately, the channels aren't running, even though line is working, is there anyway to force start the line?

Thank you!
Have you set the cam correctly in softcam panel?

The cam does start automatically

I've rebuilt the build for the H2, H2H/H2S, H52tc (all H5 boxes) and VU+ Uno 4K with latest nightly ATV and I have updated the toppicks script I use. prior to this update the script fetched toppicks for all installed skins, now it fetches just toppick images for the skin being used.

If you already have Grogbuild installed on your box you can update via the flash online tool, blue button -> flash online -> online -> ATV 6.1 where you will see grogbuild at top of list. highlight it and then press green button. This also works on H2 if you have grogbuild already installed.

update done Grog but i still have toppicks missing on slyhd 1080 skin, do I need to do anything else? great work btw
HI Mate, there is a script that runs twice a day which should fetch them, before I have included images in with the build so they appeared straight away but then you would have something like 15 images taking up 2.5mb of space on the box when only a few are needed.

You can check what time the script runs by pressing the red button and then selecting Plugins -> Cron Manager and you should see something like:

D: 9,21:45 python /usr/script/getpicks.py

In the above example it runs Daily at 9:45 and 21:45

If you can't wait, then exit back to TV, hold power button on remote until menu appears and select restart, the script should also run during booting up

Grog

Have you set the cam correctly in softcam panel?

The cam does start automatically

It's an N line / newcamd, how do I know it's set correctly? I just applied the line via FileZilla in the file.

EDIT: Sorted thanks.

Thanks.

Last edited:
HI Mate, there is a script that runs twice a day which should fetch them, before I have included images in with the build so they appeared straight away but then you would have something like 15 images taking up 2.5mb of space on the box when only a few are needed.

You can check what time the script runs by pressing the red button and then selecting Plugins -> Cron Manager and you should see something like:

D: 9,21:45 python /usr/script/getpicks.py

In the above example it runs Daily at 9:45 and 21:45

If you can't wait, then exit back to TV, hold power button on remote until menu appears and select restart, the script should also run during booting up

Grog
All good now, thanks for your hlp

Sorry, like an idiot I let the domain expire yesterday, I have renewed it this morning but some dns's are still pointing to the 'expired' message.

until the dns has corrected itself the files can be downloaded from http://zgemmah4.com/downloads/

EDIT: Online flashing may not work if your dns has not updated which should take no longer than 24 hours.

Hi, thanks for making this, I really like the clean smart looking build. I installed this about a week ago I guess, and it has been fine, up until yesterday or so, and now it seems all of my channels apart from the freeview, are playing for perhaps 12 seconds, before stopping for a very long time, sometimes 3 minutes, before playing again for around another 15 seconds. When I change channels, they work for 12 seconds before stopping again. Any idea what might be going on? I followed the installation instructions, and put my cam in the usr/keys folder, I assumed this was all I needed. As far as I can see, my usb is mounted correctly, and there's plenty of free storage (14GB free).
Thanks

Hi, thanks for making this, I really like the clean smart looking build. I installed this about a week ago I guess, and it has been fine, up until yesterday or so, and now it seems all of my channels apart from the freeview, are playing for perhaps 12 seconds, before stopping for a very long time, sometimes 3 minutes, before playing again for around another 15 seconds. When I change channels, they work for 12 seconds before stopping again. Any idea what might be going on? I followed the installation instructions, and put my cam in the usr/keys folder, I assumed this was all I needed. As far as I can see, my usb is mounted correctly, and there's plenty of free storage (14GB free).
Thanks

Male sure your line, if it's a CWS line, is in newcamd.list, or if it's a C or N line, in CCcam.cfg file.
put box into standby, then off at the socket, turn the router off at socket too for one minute, then power on the router.
once it's fully rebooted, power on the box, then go to softcam panel and restart the softcam by pressing the green button.
If this doesn't have any effect, it's probably the line, try a new test from the request thread

Funny that, I've noticed over the past few weeks the number of glitches has increased dramatically on my H2H Virmin setup. I am running Oscam and newcamd, but the logs for Oscam are not recording any "not founds" or errors during the glitch! The screen will freeze for 5-10 seconds then clear again, yet nothing is recorded within Oscam, it shows normal responses. The glitches can occur frequently, or go for hours without any, then they suddenly start again. It's as if VM are playing around with something!!!

Prior to this it was perfect, hardly any glitching/freezing. I have tried switching to MGCAMD but that does exactly the same. I have tried another line and the same occurs. I'm pretty stumped as to what was cause a previously perfect setup tp start freezing.

Any ideas?

Funny that, I've noticed over the past few weeks the number of glitches has increased dramatically on my H2H Virmin setup. I am running Oscam and newcamd, but the logs for Oscam are not recording any "not founds" or errors during the glitch! The screen will freeze for 5-10 seconds then clear again, yet nothing is recorded within Oscam, it shows normal responses. The glitches can occur frequently, or go for hours without any, then they suddenly start again. It's as if VM are playing around with something!!!

Prior to this it was perfect, hardly any glitching/freezing. I have tried switching to MGCAMD but that does exactly the same. I have tried another line and the same occurs. I'm pretty stumped as to what was cause a previously perfect setup tp start freezing.

Any ideas?

Duff splitter and cables probably, or try a few other tests to rule these out.
what name is on the splitter? - if it's not Tratec, Technetix or Labgear, it's almost certainly no use for cable TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back