Cable Grogbuild File List/Media Player Issue

Pelham1878

Hey fellas,

I have just installed the new Grogbuild software into my H2H. Impressed with the layout and operation but I can't get it to pick up media files when I put them on a memory stick and plug it into the USB port. Also when I try to record it doesn't recognise the USB memory stick to record to. I previously had Sumnsee's build running my box and this picked up all files when a USB stick was detected or I pressed 'File List' on the remote. Also when I wanted to record something to it there was no issue.........any ideas......?

Is there a media player I can download to the box, if so do you recommend one....?

Regards,

Pelham.

also, if you want to use the usb to record to, you will need to have the box initialise it [ which willl wipe your data off it ], or format it to ext4, windows will not recognise ext4 afaiaa

Alright fellas,

Yeah initilaised and mounted the USB stick and formatted it to ext4 but the box still doesn't pick it up as a memory source. If you could give me a quick idiots guide it would be appreciated.

If I put a film in a recognised file like mkv or MP4 etc and plug it into the box it won't find them even if I use the 'File List' button on the remote. However if I use Dream-Explorer in the plugins it finds them in the stick and plays them without issue, very strange. On the sucmnsee build all I did was format the stick on my laptop to FAT32. When I plugged it in the box it would recognise any film or allow me to record from the EPG without doing initialising/mounting. I've changed to this build as it seems a lot more stable and for me looks better.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Pelham.

are you putting the mp4 file in the /media/hdd/movies folder ?

Sucmnsee is openvix but I thought that was the same that usb stick needed to be ext 4 to record on.

Sucmnsee is openvix but I thought that was the same that usb stick needed to be ext 4 to record on.

yes,
I use vix, and the stick needs to be ext 3 or 4 otherwise it comes back as an error if you try and record,
it will play a file off FAT32, but not record to it

Previously I have just put a formatted FAT32 USB stick into the front port and recorded a programme and it worked. I never had to mount/initialise/convert it. I do prefer the layout of the Grogbuild and it seems to run smoother. If I can't get this to work properly then no problem. I have just put another USB stick in, initialised/mounted and converted to ext 4 but it sticll doesn't recognise it or allow me to record. It says it is recording to /media/net/HarddiskVUUNO44/.....?

You mention about the /media/hdd/movies folder. Is this setup on the USB drive before putting it into the box.....?

Regards,

Pelham.

oops, you have h2h, press the menu button and then select setup -> recordings & timeshift -> recordings settings and change the default movie location to /media/hdd/movie. I appologise on my h2h I record to a shared drive and obviously not corrected that setting when building the image. I am rebuilding shortly with the abm fix and will fix the recording path but doing the above is all you should need to do.

Sorry

oops, you have h2h, press the menu button and then select setup -> recordings & timeshift -> recordings settings and change the default movie location to /media/hdd/movie. I appologise on my h2h I record to a shared drive and obviously not corrected that setting when building the image. I am rebuilding shortly with the abm fix and will fix the recording path but doing the above is all you should need to do.

Sorry

Hi Grog,

Thanks for the reply. Works a treat and easy to do. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work, it's a great build.

Regards,

Pelham.

What is the ABM fix? I just got everything working fine just no picons which is what I was going to ask how to get them?

What is the ABM fix? I just got everything working fine just no picons which is what I was going to ask how to get them?

If your usb stick is mounted on /media/hdd hold power button until a menu appears and select restart, during the reboot the picons should download to your usb stick assuming it's initialised on the box and there is noi picon folder already

Back