GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I did it restored settings.the e2i iptv player is gone and wont install from plugins.....now trying full st up without restore.only takes about twenty mins hopefully....thanks for all your support
I flashed two boxes yesterday, one using ATV 6.2 and the other with ATV 6.3 and both installed the E2iPlayer plugin during the setup, unless there was a connection issue when you tried so it couldn't download the plugin.

so far had to instal e2i myself but it works....no epgimport.had to use refresh.im still loading
my box is arm7 zgemma h9t

Last edited:
The box I put 6.3 is also a arm box and it all installed fine yesterday, it's odd that none of the main feeds, where both e2iplayer and epgimport should be downloaded from, appear to be working for you.

On Side note, I didn't notice yesterday but the wife recorded corry last night on ITV SD on the 6.3 box and it had audio description, not had it until now.

if using ARM processor, the cam to use is either Oscam or CCcam2.3.2, no other cams work on this box
yea both should be installed during setup, I wonder if he's having an issue accessing the atv feeds as e2iplayer and epgimport not installing during setup when thhey should be.

i'd be tempted to stick with 6.2 instead of 6.3 for now, maybe a bug?
I wonder if feeds for his box aren't stable, everything worked fine for me on my VU+ Uno 4K although I am tempted to revert back to 6.2 until 6.3 is a stable release.

yea both should be installed during setup, I wonder if he's having an issue accessing the atv feeds as e2iplayer and epgimport not installing during setup when thhey should be.
im trying without the google sttings on atv st up

no good gonna stick with my own build atm thx though.its only the small picons that's different anyway....I think

It's strange as it only appears to be affecting some people which makes me think it's a regional issue, this is not a build issue but either ABM or regional virgin.

I've just tested with ATV 6.3, restoring setting backup during setup and works fine, it should work even if nore restoring settings but will check tomorrow.

When in the terminal window of openwebif the code has changed slightly, use the code below:
Code:
wget --no-check-certificate -O ~/grogbuild-atv.sh http://www.dropbox.com/s/z8wqyrb1ig7vepd/grogbuild-atv.sh?dl=1 && chmod 744 ~/grogbuild-atv.sh && ~/grogbuild-atv.sh

Let me know how you get on.
Ok thanks bud. Tried reflash today also set up using different area but still giving audio commentary. Gone back to whoosbuild now but will
Try again in a few weeks as I did like your image. Thanks for the replies

@grog68 A couple of things I noticed when running the script.

When I set my netid for Virmin, I'm then asked about Freeview which I press 0 to ignore, everything works. However, when I look at my netid in ABM it is set to hd_00x_dvbc or something similar to that and first time I ran ABM the box crashed. Went back in and pressed right and it change it to just the correct netid (displayed 00x) not the hd_ dvbc part.

Also because I'm using Virmin, it doesn't have that provider set to yes (I don't think) and Sly is (twin tuner), so I disable this and enable the Virmin one and would like HD bouquets to be set to yes by default if possible, could you direct me to where this is set on the script?

Also any chance of including a 3rd option for those just using IPTV? I have amended your script slightly to do this but I have to still go and click 'run/create' on Suls plugin and enable the source for epgimporter. Obliviously I'm doing something wrong as I don't know much about scripting, just wonder if this could be added as part of your script in the future?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

@grog68 A couple of things I noticed when running the script.

When I set my netid for Virmin, I'm then asked about Freeview which I press 0 to ignore, everything works. However, when I look at my netid in ABM it is set to hd_00x_dvbc or something similar to that and first time I ran ABM the box crashed. Went back in and pressed right and it change it to just the correct netid (displayed 00x) not the hd_ dvbc part.

Also because I'm using Virmin, it doesn't have that provider set to yes (I don't think) and Sly is (twin tuner), so I disable this and enable the Virmin one and would like HD bouquets to be set to yes by default if possible, could you direct me to where this is set on the script?

Also any chance of including a 3rd option for those just using IPTV? I have amended your script slightly to do this but I have to still go and click 'run/create' on Suls plugin and enable the source for epgimporter. Obliviously I'm doing something wrong as I don't know much about scripting, just wonder if this could be added as part of your script in the future?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance
What box are you using?
Can you tell me what your netid is?
so are you using sat and cable or just cable?

As for the IPTV, I did think about it but different providers use different setups so it could get complicated for what is intended as a simple setup script. If I get time this week I will take a look to see what I can come up with.

What box are you using?
Can you tell me what your netid is?
so are you using sat and cable or just cable?

As for the IPTV, I did think about it but different providers use different setups so it could get complicated for what is intended as a simple setup script. If I get time this week I will take a look to see what I can come up with.

My netid is 006. Well I have a zgemma h5 was the box I was testing it on, so has both a sat and cable Turner but only cable being used. Would be good if it could also disable tuner a (sat). I also have a vu+ solo2 se but not ran it on that.

Regarding the iptv part, as a possibility, you could prompt the user to ask for there server and logins, similar to how it asks your netid and then can embedded those details in the config.xml and set it up with any luck. Just my theory anyway.

just flashed my zgemma star lc with open atv 6.2 all went ok but when i push menu to finish setup i get a black screen
now trying on open vix but fail
Not supported Image found! Aborted!

Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "softcam-feed-universal" preinst script returned status 1.
* preinst_configure: Aborting installation of softcam-feed-universal.
* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package softcam-feed-universal.Collected errors:
* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer.
Not supported Image found! Aborted!

Last edited:
When you say you press menu to finish setup? What do you mean, as once you execute the script, you say 1 or 2 to restore settings, choose your netid, freeview or sat and skin.

From there it will download the plugins and copy files, it will sit there for a few minutes, but leave it then will say box is going down for a reboot. Once rebooted it's all setup and you copy your line over and that's pretty much it.

Confused as to the menu part to finish the setup.

When you say you press menu to finish setup? What do you mean, as once you execute the script, you say 1 or 2 to restore settings, choose your netid, freeview or sat and skin.

From there it will download the plugins and copy files, it will sit there for a few minutes, but leave it then will say box is going down for a reboot. Once rebooted it's all setup and you copy your line over and that's pretty much it.

Confused as to the menu part to finish the setup.
sorry once rebooted the whole box locks up no matter what key you press

Oh, I assume you've left it for a few minutes after it's rebooted as the star boxes arent the best.

Can you browse to openwebif on the box and try controlling it via that maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back