GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
zgemma h9t running cable

todays update kept turning my box off after sfarting to download.eventually I had to install latest atv and start again.no updates now.hope next update doesnt do the same…..when box came new I had to do this too as it kept turning off then until I done fresh atv.mad….hope I aint got a dodgy box h9t
Sometimes that happens with software updates, it doesn't mean your box is the issue.

Hi grog, I have only ever used a zgemma star h2 on cable since 2016, it was sold to me running vix alien sucmensee image, since the audio issues last year, I have done nothing, just accepting watching sd for cable and I use the built in iptv player for movies.... I've only ever used this box so I'm use to the vix lay out... Will your latest image sort me out? I'm a non tech, never flashed a box before! Many Thanks for your time.

Hi grog, I have only ever used a zgemma star h2 on cable since 2016, it was sold to me running vix alien sucmensee image, since the audio issues last year, I have done nothing, just accepting watching sd for cable and I use the built in iptv player for movies.... I've only ever used this box so I'm use to the vix lay out... Will your latest image sort me out? I'm a non tech, never flashed a box before! Many Thanks for your time.
Yes, grogbuild freerange will work on your box, but during the set up, as your box is an older box do NOT select a 1080 skin.

Thank you. Now before i start, as you know the age of my existing box and image, can i just go to adding the new line of information using putty? Or do i need to attempt to download an updated vix image before i begin? Ive read on this site that vix is not really supported by my box, so not sure if id have issues downloading a updated version onto it?

one last question, on my current build i use the iptv player to watch movies on yifi, vumoo etc. Will this be on this new vix image in the same location? blue, iptv etc.....?

Cheers!

Grogbuild FreeRange needs a fresh install of either ATV or Vix, personally I use ATV but it's down to choice. The IPTV player plugin is installed with Grogbuild FreeRange, if you install using a fresh Vix Image it will be in the same place, on ATV you press the green button

There is no updated ViX image for the H2. Latest version is 4.2.006 released in May 2017, so woefully out of date.
You will need to install ATV and then update with FreeRange.

Visually it's not massively different to ViX.

@grog68 will this build run on a LC have 1 in the cupboard an thought I`d try and breath new life into it
As long as you can flash it with OpenATV then Grogbuild FreeRange should work fine, when setting up though do not select a 1080 skin as some older boxes can't handle them.

Hi grog, took the plunge today and put your image on my star h2 cable. Couple of questions, my tv turns off when I turn the box off. If I remove hdmi cec from plug ins, will that sort it. Finally I've noticed the box runs quite slowly compared to my older vix image...slow remote response, Is there anyway to speed it up? Maybe take of off unrequired plug ins etc? Cheers for your help.

Hi grog, took the plunge today and put your image on my star h2 cable. Couple of questions, my tv turns off when I turn the box off. If I remove hdmi cec from plug ins, will that sort it. Finally I've noticed the box runs quite slowly compared to my older vix image...slow remote response, Is there anyway to speed it up? Maybe take of off unrequired plug ins etc? Cheers for your help.

you can just disable the hdmi cec Menu -> Setup -> System -> HDMI CEC

deleting plugins that you don't need will speed things up as it clears memory.

Hi grog. I've been using your build for about 6 months now and just tried to update config files and keep getting a error message saying incompatible versions 3.0 > 3.1. How do I go about overcoming this. I'm currently using a h2h open atv 6.1. Any help will be appreciated. BTW I'm not using freerange

Hi grog. I've been using your build for about 6 months now and just tried to update config files and keep getting a error message saying incompatible versions 3.0 > 3.1. How do I go about overcoming this. I'm currently using a h2h open atv 6.1. Any help will be appreciated. BTW I'm not using freerange
Press the green button to get plugin browser up and then press the red button, select SystemPlugins and then autobouquetsmaker to uninstall it. Once uninstalled press the exit button once to return to plugin browser and then press the green button, again select SystemPlugins and then autobouquetsmaker to install it.

Once installed press the exit button twice to return to tv picture. you should now have the latest version.

Alternatively you could do a software update but if the build has not be updated before it could end up putting the box in boot loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back