GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, when you restore settings your line is also restored

No, when you first flash the box with ATV all your settings are wiped out and the default box name is used.
I've already flashed my box once before which I'm currently using. Also using one of your original builds

So far this build has been tested on the following boxes:

Zgemma H1
Zgemma H2
Zgemma H2H
Zgemma H4
Zgemma H5.2tc
Zgemma H7C
Vu + Uno 4K
Vu+ Solo SE
Edison OS Mini
Miraclebox Hybrid Mini
Formuler F1

Please let me know if you install on any other box
h9t works

Hi grog. Just a quick one, maybe you or the team may have the answer.... I have your build installed, and on the hd movie channels, during a dolby digital coded movie, I get the dolby digital dropping out for about 1 or 2 seconds, at least ten times an hour? Stereo broadcasts are fine, and if I change the audio on the effected channel to stereo its also fine. Any ideas? Thank you......

Hi grog. Just a quick one, maybe you or the team may have the answer.... I have your build installed, and on the hd movie channels, during a dolby digital coded movie, I get the dolby digital dropping out for about 1 or 2 seconds, at least ten times an hour? Stereo broadcasts are fine, and if I change the audio on the effected channel to stereo its also fine. Any ideas? Thank you......
How long has this been happening? when did you install Grogbuild FreeRange? or are you using the older Grogbuild?
What box are you using?

Hi.

I noticed it last night, I'm running the new free range version installed last month. Zgemma cable h2.

I'll have another few evenings viewing and work out if its on all the channels or just certain ones. Thanks grog.

• Step 11 : Press the Exit button and then select Add a Line and you can use this plugin to enter your line details.

Everything installed Ok and it appears to be running OK but nowhere can I find add line?
I have a cline beginning CWS =
This is on a Zgemma H5.2TC

Great build :)

Everything installed Ok and it appears to be running OK but nowhere can I find add line?
I have a cline beginning CWS =
This is on a Zgemma H5.2TC

Great build :)

Green button twice and then it should be listed in Extensions.

Edit: Oh no it should be installed by default, press the green button and it should be in the list, if not press the red button and select extensions and see if it is listed in there, if it is select it to delete it and then try installing via the downloadable plugins list

Cheers grog, seems my problems was the Mg_cfg file was saved as txt not cfg, not messed around with my box for over a year so:rolleyes:

On another note, would it be possible to run another box off the same virgin line? Im guessing I just cabling and a splitter?

Cheers in advance

A few points, feedback more than anything else, and also I have a problem with my ZG H2h, maybe

I've just flashed the above box, put oatv 6.2 on it first, then opened the Freerange installation page, did the openwebif shenanigans, root, paste code in as instructed, follwed progress in openwbif until it said, 'box will reboot NOW!'
it did
Then reflashed oatv6.2 again :grimacing:
perhaps a note for the unwary?

The reason I'm reflashing is because the box froze 3 times yesterday.
watching HD channels each time, the screen just went black, the CH up/down button and it was fine.
once flicked over and back, the channel immediately returned
def not line, even tried restarting softcam during one outage to no avail
Had a thought it may be the HD lead as was fiddling with another box so left it on an sd channel today and it went off again, but saying that, every channel goes through the HD lead, so maybe?
during service scan just now, it took forty mins to get to 18% and found 15 channels
aborted it as was convinced the cable tuner was on it's way out, then did another scan, completed in about 10 mins, all up and running

A few points, feedback more than anything else, and also I have a problem with my ZG H2h, maybe

I've just flashed the above box, put oatv 6.2 on it first, then opened the Freerange installation page, did the openwebif shenanigans, root, paste code in as instructed, follwed progress in openwbif until it said, 'box will reboot NOW!'
it did
Then reflashed oatv6.2 again :grimacing:
perhaps a note for the unwary?

The reason I'm reflashing is because the box froze 3 times yesterday.
watching HD channels each time, the screen just went black, the CH up/down button and it was fine.
once flicked over and back, the channel immediately returned
def not line, even tried restarting softcam during one outage to no avail
Had a thought it may be the HD lead as was fiddling with another box so left it on an sd channel today and it went off again, but saying that, every channel goes through the HD lead, so maybe?
during service scan just now, it took forty mins to get to 18% and found 15 channels
aborted it as was convinced the cable tuner was on it's way out, then did another scan, completed in about 10 mins, all up and running
Did you flash atv 6.2 from usb stick and leave the USB stick in when it rebooted?

Not sure why you had an issue with the service scan, not heard of that before unless the signal dropped for a second or something, I don't normally do full service scans.

Still got usb with flash file in when running the script?
Did you flash atv 6.2 from usb stick and leave the USB stick in when it rebooted?

Not sure why you had an issue with the service scan, not heard of that before unless the signal dropped for a second or something, I don't normally do full service scans.

Yes left the usb in, didn't know if a swap file would be required etc

I'm gonna keep my eye on it for a bit...also, how can I change the font size in epg description? - i did it a few months ago and can't remember how, although i remember editing an .xml file

Grog, great build but I seem to be having problems while recording an half hour programme will freeze numerous times when played back and skip, I’ve also noticed when trying to fast forward it causes the box to freeze up sometimes especially if I try to fast forward over 8x
This also happens when I pause live tv it doesn’t matter which channel I record on or pause on, but it doesn’t happen while watching live tv as normal
I’m running it on H52TC
Edit
It’s only on cable tuner not sat side that seems to be fine

Last edited:
my first thoughts would be the USB stick, as both paused tv and recordings are stored on there.

Thanks for the build it works great, am having one problem cant get my head round,
box flashed an line put in an works in my house ,took it to nephew house and only free channels work all other stay black,
tried cam restart, autoboutiqe ,scan everything loaded even done all 3 net id an still wont work,
bring home all works fine it has its own line, for vm
any help please

Thanks for the build it works great, am having one problem cant get my head round,
box flashed an line put in an works in my house ,took it to nephew house and only free channels work all other stay black,
tried cam restart, autoboutiqe ,scan everything loaded even done all 3 net id an still wont work,
bring home all works fine it has its own line, for vm
any help please
It could be a number of things:

your provider may lock your line to your IP address, not sure if many do this but you never know.
it could be your son's ISP 'nanny' settings is blocking it, log into his ISP account and make sure websafe or broadband shield, or whatever it is with his ISP, is disabled.
It could just be the box isn't online for some reason, I always suggest people try streaming something on IPTV Player (E2iplayer) if it does stream then it's online if it doesn't then there is some kind of connection issue, put the box into deep standby, reboot the router and then turn the box back on.

If still stuck I suggest you start a new thread as this isn't necessarily a build issue and you may get more help if you start a thread for the issue.

It could be a number of things:

your provider may lock your line to your IP address, not sure if many do this but you never know.
it could be your son's ISP 'nanny' settings is blocking it, log into his ISP account and make sure websafe or broadband shield, or whatever it is with his ISP, is disabled.
It could just be the box isn't online for some reason, I always suggest people try streaming something on IPTV Player (E2iplayer) if it does stream then it's online if it doesn't then there is some kind of connection issue, put the box into deep standby, reboot the router and then turn the box back on.

If still stuck I suggest you start a new thread as this isn't necessarily a build issue and you may get more help if you start a thread for the issue.
Thank you will try this as never had this before

Hi grog, just noticed a small issue but still quite irritating, when my box and TV are in standby and I turn the box on, the TV turns on automatically which is normal, but when I put the box back in standby the TV doesn't go into standby like it used to. My box is the h2h and using 2018-06-28 freerange build.

I tried disabling hdmi cec, restarting then enabling again but still my TV doesn't go into standby if I put the box into standby, it used to work before when I was using your previous build to freerange.

What do you think will it be? I'm not sure if it has something to do with a recent software update I did by pressing blue button-software update?

Edit: I think I fixed it grog, I just changed a setting in hdmi cec setup under "Put TV in standby" TV has another input active was set to no I changed it to yes, now TV is going into standby, happy days lol

Last edited:
Hi grog, just noticed a small issue but still quite irritating, when my box and TV are in standby and I turn the box on, the TV turns on automatically which is normal, but when I put the box back in standby the TV doesn't go into standby like it used to. My box is the h2h and using 2018-06-28 freerange build.

I tried disabling hdmi cec, restarting then enabling again but still my TV doesn't go into standby if I put the box into standby, it used to work before when I was using your previous build to freerange.

What do you think will it be? I'm not sure if it has something to do with a recent software update I did by pressing blue button-software update?

Edit: I think I fixed it grog, I just changed a setting in hdmi cec setup under "Put TV in standby" TV has another input active was set to no I changed it to yes, now TV is going into standby, happy days lol
Glad you sorted it, as had me confused has have two boxes using freerange and both work, but I have noticed when they have multiple hdmi ports, CEC only works on 1 of the ports on some TV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back