GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps.

Trying to put this on an old h2 i have just found out. updated box to open atv6.1 downloaded and installed grogbuild
but nothing coming up for virmin just sky freeview then just stays on bootup screen as dont have no sat cable plunged in just virmin line in.

Would having a new virgin box or new white cables/ethernet have any known issues with this build. Line into house has been in for few years.

TIA.

Hi Grog,
Just flashed to your image and works really well :)
One thing i can't get my head around is how to change the front panel display to show the time instead of channel number?
On my previous image i had the option under Usage & GUI --> LED Display and then you could choose what to display.

Is there a similar feature in this image? if so, how can i find it?
Thanks!

=== UPDATE ===

Looks like the channel number is displayed when a programme is being recorded, once the recording finished the time was displayed on the front panel as normal!

Mines also doing this since updating to 6.2/ free range, once it’s recording the time stops at when it began to record mines on 19:56 now , anyway to get it to stay on the actual time?

Hi chaps.

Trying to put this on an old h2 i have just found out. updated box to open atv6.1 downloaded and installed grogbuild
but nothing coming up for virmin just sky freeview then just stays on bootup screen as dont have no sat cable plunged in just virmin line in.

Would having a new virgin box or new white cables/ethernet have any known issues with this build. Line into house has been in for few years.

TIA.
ATV 6.1 is unsupported by ATV now so you are better of flashing 6.2.

There will be no channels if you have not ran an abm scan. Try running the AutobouquetsMaker scan.

Mines also doing this since updating to 6.2/ free range, once it’s recording the time stops at when it began to record mines on 19:56 now , anyway to get it to stay on the actual time?
I don't record on my H52tc so never noticed and my VU+ doesn't have a display on the box. I will check this on my H52tc and get back to you

OK it appears you need to install the vfdcontrol plugin (green button twice -> SystemPlugins -> vfdcontrol)
Once installed exit back to tv picture and then press the menu and select Setup -> Usage & Gui -> Display -> LED display settings and set 'Show on LED' to 'clock always' and then press the green button to save.

I will sort this so it's setup as part of the GrogBuild FreeRange setup.

OK it appears you need to install the vfdcontrol plugin (green button twice -> SystemPlugins -> vfdcontrol)
Once installed exit back to tv picture and then press the menu and select Setup -> Usage & Gui -> Display -> LED display settings and set 'Show on LED' to 'clock always' and then press the green button to save.

I will sort this so it's setup as part of the GrogBuild FreeRange setup.
Ok thanks for getting to the bottom of it, wasn’t a major issue just a little niggle glad it’s easy fix

Hi Grog I have installed Open atv6.2 and opened the browser and inserted the text to the black screen but it asks for password any ideas ??

sorry my mistake didnt pay attention its downloading now , i am impressed

Last edited:
just changed from ipab to grogbuild. is there a similar button on grog that shows the last channels you watched. the back button was handy on ipab to go to channels ive just used

Ive already answered you on your thread - which i am about to delete.
Prev and next work elsewhere, try them until grog, or someone else comes on and answers.

sorry was in bed lol, if your box has a back button such as the zgemma's then that works if it doesn't then the Prev and Next do the job.

Hi, using a H52TC Grog freerange, ATV 6.2 for a few months now with external Toshiba 500GB drive. Of late storage has become an issue even though very little is recorded. Free disk space displayed via File List is showing '36 Gb (7% free diskspace). Previously this was showing 500 Gb (90% free diskspace). Trashcan is empty.
So far I tried cachflush & reflashed with restored settings. My question is if initialise external device again am I gonna lose recordings? Should I be doing something else?

Hi, using a H52TC Grog freerange, ATV 6.2 for a few months now with external Toshiba 500GB drive. Of late storage has become an issue even though very little is recorded. Free disk space displayed via File List is showing '36 Gb (7% free diskspace). Previously this was showing 500 Gb (90% free diskspace). Trashcan is empty.
So far I tried cachflush & reflashed with restored settings. My question is if initialise external device again am I gonna lose recordings? Should I be doing something else?
The best thing to do if you can is use your pc, open file explorer, click on the network link on left and then browse to your box's 'Harddisk' and take a look what's on there? are there backups?

wont work on 6.3 atv getting error dropbox cannot connect securely
yea ATV 6.3 is still in beta, the wget command that is used to fetch files has issues with secure certificates, I was going to add a work around but as 6.3 is not a stable release yet I thought I would wait and see if they fix it. pm me if you want the workaround.

yea ATV 6.3 is still in beta, the wget command that is used to fetch files has issues with secure certificates, I was going to add a work around but as 6.3 is not a stable release yet I thought I would wait and see if they fix it. pm me if you want the workaround.

The best thing to do if you can is use your pc, open file explorer, click on the network link on left and then browse to your box's 'Harddisk' and take a look what's on there? are there backups?

Cheers Grog, nothing of any size in there. H52TC Fig1.JPG H52TC Fig2.JPG H52TC Fig1.JPG H52TC Fig2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back