Other GT Media V8 UHD dead?

ishe12345

Friend say's his box doesn't do anyhting when switched on other than round green light showing right hand side of the led display.

Going to advise trying the upgrade tool (attached doc) - anyone tried this method?

What kind of serial cable / adapter is required and where to get it from ?

Thanks

Attachments

• V8UHD Upgrade Tool Guide_2022.11.03.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Not tried it but to be fair it is very similar to recovering some type of android boxes.

Id have no trouble trying that and what its not going to hurt ?

Im surprised there is not a simpler way.

Have you tried sending a stock firmware to a USB stick remame it update.bin

Pop usb in the box, kill the power at the plug. Press and hold the power button on the box and turn power back on at the plug.

Try it might work but as i say dont own one, maybe some of the UHD lads will know better.

Try it named update.bin and flash.bin

Not saying it will work but you can do the Viarks that way and hardware is similar.

i suspect youll need the backdoor.key on the same usb yes.

no warranty as bought second hand on flea bay.

seems like nothing is recognised like usb or hdmi signal to tv when switched on just light green light.

guess nothing to lose trying serial cable method, just got to find right cable / adapter

probably get a new box for 40 ;-)

no warranty as bought second hand on flea bay.

seems like nothing is recognised like usb or hdmi signal to tv when switched on just light green light.

guess nothing to lose trying serial cable method, just got to find right cable / adapter

probably get a new box for 40 ;-)
Was it working ok when he bought it.

Any RS232 - usb cable, PL2303 or genuine FTDI chip should be fine.

Then I used the wires from an RS232 TTL as shown in this picture.

I did have to remove the plastic cover from 1 of the wires, for it to fit in the connector on the V8 UHD though.

Attachments

• ch340-usb-to-ttl-serial-adaptor.jpg
    ch340-usb-to-ttl-serial-adaptor.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 6
v8uhd rs232 pin information item 1,2,3(GND,RX,TX) and usb-RS232 pin information ,pin2,pin3,pin5(RX,TX,GND).
So we need to connect the pin5 to box number 1(GND),then connect the pin2 to box number 2,pin3 to box number 3;
If it does not work, please change the connection of pin2 and pin3, that is, pin2 to box number 3, pin3 to box number 2

Attachments

• V8UHD Upgrade Tool Guide_2022.11.03.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
managed to get hold of mates box..
trying to use upgrade tool with latest .bin file
and get "Set stb memory error"

also tried different bits rate but no luck, is there specific .bin file I need to reflash or apply other settings?

managed to get hold of mates box..
trying to use upgrade tool with latest .bin file
and get "Set stb memory error"

also tried different bits rate but no luck, is there specific .bin file I need to reflash or apply other settings?
I think any of the fw versions should be fine as long as they are not Mars versions.

Back