Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

Just have a go when your box arrives, if you get stuck
post your own thread in this section and describe the
problem,give as much detail as posiible, there is plenty
of help about (y)

Everything is easy when you know how! I will be using your guide to set my new bm5000s up when it arrives..... Thanks bee's....... but may i ask which is the better of the two in CCcam and Newcamd as you can tell i am relatively new to this lark. Thanks

Had a strange issue yesterday. Basically I bought the box from a friend who is upgrading he had a server line already installed so I could try it, all was good so as he wanted his line free for new box I bought my own line and installed it via cfg.file it worked fine and I could see my settings and it was connected after a re-boot. I installed it back home [was at friends] and this time it did not work I went into menu to find my newcam and it was gone but my mates line was still present...strange any idea how my line vanished? I fixed it by resetting all lines and inputting mine again.
One other issue I had was my server gives you a line already in cfg file so you just copy it to usb stick and install I did this but it refused to connect when I checked the newcam line it had something like c8 on the end changed it to 14 saved and it connected. Drove me nuts trying to find what was wrong! I have he new firmware with epg dunno if this might be a glitch.

Just set up my new BM5000 using this guide it was very easy to follow even for a novice like me many thanks again bees you definitely are the man

Absolutely brilliant guide. Feared I may be playing around with this box for the best part of a day, got it up and running within 10mins.

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 AM ----------

Last edited:
hey guys, can somebody help me with this download. i've just got the receiver and this forum says i do not have enough priviledge to download.

Thanks for the guide. This will be my first box. I chose the BM5000s over the Skybox f5s after reading some on the threads on here. Hope I've made the right decision.

hi can some body help me idownloaded the ssu file and config file also the channel list has blade online was not working now its asking me for a pass code wen i go in to menu ive tryed 0000 /1111/9991/9919 still wont let me in any ideas thanks

It's 5511 for this file, I set up a parental lock in case the kids got into the menus by mistake
but I didn't realise it was attached to this file.

problemi followed guide but when i get to the blade online and want to choose my area, i just get a blank screen - any ideas??

Hi,

I have been in contact with Blademedia this morning re updating channels list via usb and they said there will be a FAQ on the website this weekend, not sure if this has been on the forum before i thought i would just update.

Scoobs

There is a file you can use in the download section while blade online is down, it
will get you up and running for now, then change it to to your area when it comes back up.

It's here

Read the message about 5511 in the description.

Back