Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

Thanks. I did the 9991 thing again so I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it was a 1 off. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant guide, very much appreciated. Apologies for what is probably a noob question but I've inserted a trial line with the edited config file but the channels are still scrambled. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Newbie...setup assistance

Just got my new BM5000s and will be following this guide and hopefully get it right first time :woohoo:

Got the BM5000s working like a charm thanks to Bees great write up...Now to figure out how to get the scrambled channels up...any tip would be appreciated via PM :yes!:

just installed the bm5000 for a mate and followed bees guide.just to say this worked a treat..many thanx

Hi im very new to this so sorry in advance for annoying questions, recently purchased the Blade bm 5000s, could you tell me which satellite setting is best please cheers

Just follow the guide, when you load the blade online channel list it automatically
picks up the Astra sat, even though it calls it Eutel 28.2E

Thanks

Thanks everyone.

---------- Post Merged at 09:56 PM ----------

I'm a new member. I was trying to download the Bm5000 files but was not allowed. Could anyone help me please?

Had the same issue, need to have a verified account and must post at least once to have access to downlpads.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have does this process twice now (after a full reflash using the Blade firmware to get the box back from the dead) and all would work great for a period of time (hours).. then the scrambled channels stop playing... I then power off/on the BM 5000s - and get Blue light... nothing to do except to fully reflash using serial cable to get the box to start again but wtf..

Firmware update was from here : Blade Media BM5000S - Downloads - TechKings

This is the firmware I had installed:

BLADE MEDIA BM500S - With 9991 option.rar
GZ1311006_CA_23.2.r6615_su.ssu
Anyone else had this problem?

Help..

Thx

I was going to buy an Ibox2 have read quite a few reports off owners who don't seem that impressed.

It seems to have two main issues, unstable firmware and also a problem with a resistor which might need replacing, so if your not into soldering

go for a blade lol

Don't know if these have been fixed now, have a read around the Ibox section

I was going to buy an Ibox2 have read quite a few reports off owners who don't seem that impressed.

It seems to have two main issues, unstable firmware and also a problem with a resistor which might need replacing, so if your not into soldering

go for a blade lol

Don't know if these have been fixed now, have a read around the Ibox section

Thanks, will do.

I think the box is good front what little time it has worked for me - but I am waiting for a new serial cable to re-flash and try again. No comment yet as I need to know what (possibly a bad firmware update?) has happened to brick the box - twice.
Still - not convinced I need to keep relating it..

Back