Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

tried to put cline in manually and by pasting into config file

this is my cline ;

C: 7*.**9.***.*9 1***0 *******20047 *******

do i keep the C: at the beginning of the server domain ? if typing in manually.
do i delete/turn off the newcamd config host

thanks in advance , this is my first blade 5000s

Your line breaks down into 4 parts

server, port (which will be a number) user, pass

Look for the spaces in the line and you can work out what goes where.

Just enter it in the right section for a C or N line, don't include the C: at the beginning.
so a line like this is entered as:

C: favorite_server.com 12000 mix-1008 up-4201

server favorite_server.com
port 12000
user mix-1008
pass up-4201

Last edited:
ive put in manually and still saying scrambled , ive changed network setting to wired , it was wireless , but still same , have i missed something out ??

should i just start again ?

Most likely a typo,

have you rebooted the box ?
Is your server status set to on ?
Is it showing connected at the bottom of the screen ?

Why not just paste it into the config file ?

Download the config file from here
and simply paste in your line and follow the instructions at the bottom of the tutorial ? it's easier !!

ive done it , cheers bees , just started over again put the line in manually and noticed the small yellow box turned green when i saved it this time , so dont know what i was doing wrong.

I have had great experiences with the BM7000 over the past few years so I am keen to try out the BM5000 in coming days. Ordering one tonight now that there is a patch available. Great work to those involved in making this readily available!

Hi Guys,

As an update.. I have re-flashed this box 5 times now trying to understand what causes the bricking issue.
After a firmware reflash using the firmware off the Blade site, the box works great. I can then upgrade to the modified firmware (as in the guide) and I can enter the 9991 area but don't save anything... (just enter, move around and exit). I can turn the box on/off no problems. All works great as expected.

It is only when I enter 9991 and enter any details and "save" the entry - exit.. still no probs BUT if I turn the box off / I cannot turn it on again. I then turn it off with the back switch, then back on and the box is bricked (single blue light) until i re-flash.

Does this mean the config file is messed up?
Any ideas..

Help...

You could try this,

Keep your finger on the power button for a few seconds until it boots.

Then go into the menu and turn the "power save" option to "normal"

Have a read here

Thanks Bees
Once I get the blue light issue.. there is no way to wake this puppy.. I have re-flashed again with the Blade firmware.. I have NO coaxial connected for the moment - only LAN and HDMI so no short.
I will try again to install the patched firmware and may not use the config file that came with.
Problem is that without the patched firmware.. the box works as expected so there is no excuse to return it. But if i instal the firmware - which is the reason I got it.. it bricks.. Catch 22..
Lets see how I get one.. once the wife has finished watching TV.. maybe tomorrow.
Thx again for your suggestions and support.

Br

You need to go back to the basics, coax from your dish to the box = FTA TV

Internet added to your box, plus correct firmware, plus a server = happy days

I don't get why you are picking up any channels if you haven't got
your dish and box connected ?

Think we need some more info on box to dish connection to get you sorted

no no.. i was not clear.. I had that before.. FTA was not an issue. I was getting all the FTA.. then did the FW updates / had a gift trial - all working for an hour or so - I got all the $ky channels - all good.. then the box would brick.. NO way to kick start it.. needed to be re-flashed.

I use the same cable for my $kyPlus box - all working well and no shorting.

So when doing my tests I decided to disconnect the dish to ensure it was not shorting and causing the bricking..

now the skybox has been ref lashed again.. FTA all working fine with the dish connected.

I will install patched FW tomorrow and try again.. but looking for clues as to why it seems so easy to brick this box.

have a good weekend and update to follow.

hi guys im having probs with PVR when I press record it records but when I go to watch what ive just record it says 'invalid file' or something along those lines.

I had a BM7000s before it went bust only got this box today and im using the same FAT32 harddrive I was using on the BM7000s I even did a format with this box but still the same prob, any help much welcomed.

Oh and a big thanks to the initial set up tutorial.

Thanks for all the info, makes things a little clearer.
Binned darkbox after a few years, power supply fried.
There have been some big advances in technology since then by the looks of things.
Will see how the Blade pans out, but looking good so far.

code

i have a bladebox bm5000s can not get 9991 to work can you help please albert

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 AM ----------

hi i can not get the 9991 code to work on my bm 5000s box to put the cline

i have a bladebox bm5000s can not get 9991 to work can you help please albert

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 AM ----------

hi i can not get the 9991 code to work on my bm 5000s box to put the cline
if you have flashed the box with 3rd party patched firmware then to get the 9991 menu by being on the bm5000s menu and entering 9991 there.
if you are using the box with official f/w then 9991 is not available

Back